Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Thanks kevinx, I've just logged on here at 930am in OZ
I've already emailed you as well this morning, before reading your reply on this thread, I'll be able to verify your thoughts one way or the other once my bikes pulled down and cases split.
It's probably not what the OP wants to hear either.
I'll ring the shop that's pulling mine down and see how soon they can get my bike in and stripped down.
As an aside @kevinx, do you think it worthwhile I upgrade the Torque Compensator anyway, even if it's not the cause of my problem?
If so I'd like a price on the parts I need to upgrade mine.
Thanks mate.
The new compensator is a good bit quieter, but it brought back some driveline slop to the bikes. So if the noise doesn't bother you. I'd stick with the original stuff

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
The new compensator is a good bit quieter, but it brought back some driveline slop to the bikes. So if the noise doesn't bother you. I'd stick with the original stuff
Well if it's only a noise issue I'm cool with noise
, not aware of any noise at the moment anyway,
And my Freedom Performance pipes make enough noise to cancel out anything annoying anyway.
And what's wrong with mechanical cacophony, I like it
Thanks Kevin :)

·
Premium Member
13,729 Posts
Plus, if you go through all the trouble of splitting the cases and get it all back together again only to find it still has the same problem, you will know right where to look to fix it thereby saving someone else the same long process in the future if it goes that way.

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Plus, if you go through all the trouble of splitting the cases and get it all back together again only to find it still has the same problem, you will know right where to look to fix it thereby saving someone else the same long process in the future if it goes that way.
True but I'd be willing to bet there's internal gearbox damage anyway
My bike had a torn off ratchet shaft and had been forced severely out of second gear into possibly third, also there's the downchange problem and that would have nothing to do with the compensator.
My bike suffered impact whereas the OPs didn't
Not to our knowledge anyway....
And sounds like the compensator upgrade was to keep people with quiet pipes happy anyway and I'm not in that category.
My Vegas should be in the shop by the end of the week hopefully.
Once it's torn down I'll know exactly what's going on.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm having the same issue with my 2011 XC. Seems like it "slips" for a split second somewhere at mid to top of 2nd gear every once and a blue moon. Was the cause of this ever resolved?

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
I look forward to hearing what you find MBX!
UPDATE
Just noticed a PM from Yago20,
this was my reply to him.

Yeah ,every gear and selector in my engine was renewed, under insurance , Cos of crash damage caused by a dog.
while it was apart I did big bore and cams out of my pocket.
Made sense.
Only thing not changed was torque compensator.
I'm sure I felt mine flare out the other day when I was hard on it in second.
I'm putting out a lot of torque mind you.
Upgrade your compensator and tell me if it fixes it.
My other bike, a 2010 XC has never flared out in second.

Reactions: yago20
41 - 47 of 47 Posts