Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently installed a brand new Lloyds High Flow Air Filter. I am just wondering what sort of benefts should I be expecting? I do hear the air being sucked into the filter. In terms of better gas milage should I see any benefits with this addition?:)

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
So I recently installed a brand new Lloyds High Flow Air Filter. I am just wondering what sort of benefts should I be expecting? I do hear the air being sucked into the filter. In terms of better gas milage should I see any benefits with this addition?:)
No better fuel economy. However, you DO get about 4HP & aroun 5TQ more out of the beast!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Revs

Should have fitted lloyds fuel controller while you had the tank off its easy to fit using the instructions and comes with base line settings for various set ups since fitting these two upgrades plus Lloyds adjustable timing wheel I have found myself running the bike higher up the rev counter than before so fuel consumption is greater but so is the smile on my face.:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lloydz High Flow Air filter

My goal of purchasing the Lloydz High Flow air filter was to improve gas millage . My 2013 CCT as lots of humph aleady and lots of get up and go , don't really need much more.

Put on over 12,000 kms in my first season of riding it last year and loved it. Looking forward to adding many more kms once this Canadian winter is over.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
My mpgs around 5000' haven't changed but it takes less throttle while running. Unfortunately my riding is mostly at 5000' and up so your results may not be the same.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
I'm just getting ready to install mine, and I think the results will be the same. Riding at higher RPM's = higher smile factor (until a cop is around)....but lower MPG factor. After my ATS install, I can't control my right hand. I'm sure that will get even worse after the PCV and Lloydz hi flow filter install.

It's always about the right hand with guys! For teenagers, its one thing.....for us middle-age guys with a bike...it's entirely different, but still kind of the same! :D

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
I'm just getting ready to install mine, and I think the results will be the same. Riding at higher RPM's = higher smile factor (until a cop is around)....but lower MPG factor. After my ATS install, I can't control my right hand. I'm sure that will get even worse after the PCV and Lloydz hi flow filter install.

It's always about the right hand with guys! For teenagers, its one thing.....for us middle-age guys with a bike...it's entirely different, but still kind of the same! :D
Looking forward to hearing how it went and the results.

·
Premium Member
13,658 Posts
The Lloydz air filter for the X bikes are a performance item like most of his products.

You probably won't see any benefit until you twist the throttle at a time when it really counts but just the air filter isn't enough. You must have an exhaust and tuner to match up with it. Get the drop in cams and timing wheel to really wake the beast up and put a grin on your face from ear to ear all day long. :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
The same

the results will definatley be the same right down to the stupid grin on your face I also own a honda crosstourer which is faster (much) and handles better (much) and is comfier but my hammer still gets used more the feel good factor is through the ceiling.
You have covered teenagers and middle aged men how about us old men like 63 is it ok to have both things?:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So should I switch out the Lloydz Hi flow Air Filter for a Victory Hi Performance Air filter if I just want to achieve better gas mileage , I not really interested in more HP or torque . At the age of 54 , I am past that stage of having to impress others. Other than driving an impressive 2013 Cross Country Tour.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
So should I switch out the Lloydz Hi flow Air Filter for a Victory Hi Performance Air filter if I just want to achieve better gas mileage , I not really interested in more HP or torque . At the age of 54 , I am past that stage of having to impress others. Other than driving an impressive 2013 Cross Country Tour.
So if better performance is the goal it's to impress others? I'm 51 and could give a 'F what anybody thinks but I guess I'm just at that stage. You should have bought a Punch Moped I hear they get great MPG and you wouldn't have to worry about impressing anyone, at your stage.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I think you should give Rylan at the Vic shop a call. He'll be glad to walk you through the details. By adding a high flow air filter to a machine that is already very lean to meet EPA requirements, you are making it even more lean. Running lean may get you some good gas mileage but it can also shorten the life of your engine.

Don't assume the guys that have done upgrades for performance are out to do anything other than please their own desires.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
More than that... but you have to TUNE IT for the additional airflow.
Actually, opening up the accessibility to air is the thing that added the most perceivable power to my bike. Sure the Stage 1 provides more visceral oomph, but allowing for additional intake made more perceivable improvement than doing anything else.

Granted, it'd be better properly tuned, but that is one change that will give results all by itself.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
It's time for the Old Man to jump in. So Rocketman spends big bucks (maybe five figures--he doesn't ell us what bike he has) for a motorcycle and what for? Probably for the pleasure of riding, I suspect. Then he dumps another $150+ on an air filter in order to eke out a few more mpg's, or whatever the Canadian equivalent is. He must be a government employee to think that is a good investment. One does not buy a bike with a huge engine and hope for the fuel efficiency of something smaller.
You want more fuel mileage Rocketman? Here are some tips: Don't move your right hand hand down very much; Keep the revs at @ 2200; lose weight.
I had a brother (RIP) who was a mileage freak and would chastise me when I stopped for gas before he needed to. After some years of that, I finally replied to him; It's like going to the theater, the better the show the higher the price of admission, and I'm seeing a more exciting show. What kind of show do you want Rocketman? If its higher mileage, good luck or trade down to a smaller displacement. But I don't think I'm telling you anything new. You just have an overdose of wishful thinking. Unless you ride an astoundingly high amount of miles, you are being very foolish spending to increase your mpg.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Unless you ride an astoundingly high amount of miles, you are being very foolish spending to increase your mpg.
And it's foolish to pay for a bike to make 130 hp to ride 60 mph roads. And it's foolish to buy multi-thousand dollar paint jobs for something that follows behind gravel trucks. And it's foolish to ride bikes capable of 55° lean angles on public roads and so on and so on.

We're a foolish bunch. But we're all we got. It's either accept others who appreciate our endeavor or loose them to driving a Toyota like everyone else. More people who join us mean lower costs for us. Embrace it already Ricz! thumb up

·
Registered
827 Posts
Doing a hi flow air cleaner with out doing a proper exhaust is pretty much a waste of money. Air in and air out. It's just a big air pump.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Hey Saddle! Ever since the days of the Arab Oil Embargo in the early 1970s, I have had it with those who are willing to spend big bucks for a few more mpg, when they ride/drive pathetically few miles. I was simply attempting to point out to Rocketman the folly of this type of thinking.
Yeah, as a group, we do tend to spend foolishly, but to spend big bucks in the name of improved mileage is the most foolish of all.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
I truly love internet forums.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts