Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the V Twin 6 1/2" adapters and a pair of Polk Audio DB651 speakers. I am running the RF PBR 300 amp. I was less than impressed with the sound to say the least. So much so, that I took those out and reinstalled the Polk Audio 5 1/4" setup that I replaced. So, without buying several different t6 1/2" speakers, what's the best sounding 6 1/2 speaker that folks have had success with?

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I installed the V Twin 6 1/2" adapters and a pair of Polk Audio DB651 speakers. I am running the RF PBR 300 amp. I was less than impressed with the sound to say the least. So much so, that I took those out and reinstalled the Polk Audio 5 1/4" setup that I replaced. So, without buying several different t6 1/2" speakers, what's the best sounding 6 1/2 speaker that folks have had success with?
Did you miss all the Hertz HCX threads or something?

·
Registered
71 Posts
There are lots of threads suggesting some great speakers. Too many to list. Polk makes some great speakers, but you may be over driving them with that amp. The speakers are rated at 60 rms. If you have the 4 channel amp then you're running 75 rms. If you have the 2 channel amp you're at 100 rms.
If you have the two channel amp, I rather like the Polk Audio db6501. Twice as much as the speakers you're running but nice.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw the threads on the Hertz HCS's and was looking for any other suggestions. I have the 4 channel amp, just don't get much bass at all from the DB651 speakers.

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
The Hertz HCX 165's are a very good speaker. Had a set in my scoot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts