Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what everyone out there thinks is the best accessory they've added to their bike. The highway bars with soft lowers have been a godsend for riding in WI. Wife suggested heated grips. Any personal opinions on #1 accessory you've added?

·
Registered
203 Posts
The absolute best for me is the Digital Guard Dawg Keyless Ignition. It is great not having to worry about a key getting in the way or forgetting to remove it from the ignition. The next best accessory is the tachometer. I look at it as much as I do the speedometer.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I've said this since I bought it, the Power Commander V with Autotune is by far the best money I've ever spent on any accessory for any bike I've ever had. The immediate pickup in responsiveness and the overall flexibility to control and analyze the performance of my bike puts it head and shoulders over any other seat, chrome, performance, or convenience item I've ever purchased.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow! Digital Guard Dawg, S & S Airbox, Power Commander V, didn't even know they existed! Thanks!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Well, I'll give the boring answer. The bags. I know they clutter up a bike, I know they offer no performance enhancement, but seriously, what can you carry with out them ? If it doesn't fit into your pockets, you aint carrying it.

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Just curious what everyone out there thinks is the best accessory they've added to their bike. The highway bars with soft lowers have been a godsend for riding in WI. Wife suggested heated grips. Any personal opinions on #1 accessory you've added?
Lockable trunk:

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lockable trunk:

Creative adaptation of a Kingpin trunk! I store my helmet and gloves in mine whenever I park.

With the 1K Accessory coupon from a Demo Ride, I bought the tach, highway bars and foot pegs, soft lowers, comfort grips, passenger handgrips, and a billet license plate holder. The Kingpin Tour came with the lockable trunk, saddlebags, passenger floorboards, windshield, and lower deflectors, along with a touring passenger seat.

Lots of fun learning what else can be added!

·
Premium Member
13,653 Posts
On the XC; PCV w/AT, cams, AF, and pipes for performance. Trunk, factory lowers, and Madstad shield system for wind management. And the pull back bars with drivers backrest made it way more comfy.

The KP needed larger saddlebags so the Vikings are it's best accessory right now. The fork lowers I had on the XC really helped with the lower wind management. lots planned for it though. :) I'd like to add a tach to it soon.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
wife! all purpose accessory. next was gel pad on seat.
[wife would say backrest.]--irv

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
)On my XC; SRVT +2" bars, Vic backrest, CeeBaily 17" w/s. I don't care how fast it is or how it runs, if I'm not comfortable on it I ain't gonna ride it no waythumb up

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Not exactly a bolt-on, but the best thing I got for my bike (and me) is the Ride Like A Pro DVD and taking Reg Pridmore's CLASS course. The best hardware item would be installing EBC-HH brake pads in the front end to replace the OEM wood blocks.

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts
For me, the best accessories are broken down into categories as follows:

- Most Satisfying Accessory: D&D mufflers.
- Most Needed Accessory: Stebel Air Horn.
- Most Bang for the Buck: HID headlight upgrade.
- Best Passenger Accessory: Victory backrest.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts