Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can i get some opinions from people who purchased an aftermarket seat for their cross country? My ass can't take the stock seat for more than an hour or so. I'd really appreciate people who are roughly 6'3" and 220lbs replying. Thanks for your help. Ride safe!

·
Registered
222 Posts
First off, I have the Ultimate on my 2015 XCT. It was previously on my 2010 XC. And I'm about 5'9", 185 lbs. Will I tell you to BUY an Ultimate, NO!!! Don't get me wrong, I like my Ultimate and won't trade it for anything else. But we all have different shapes, weights and such, that makes a seat comfortable to us. I say try as many as you can and try to make the decision that fits your a--!!!!!! I just don't think there is a definitive answer for you that can be given . Sorry I couldn't give something more..

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
I agree with rdeerx. The stock XCT seat has been the best seat I have ever had -- FOR ME. For you, the OP, it is apparently not good. Seats are a very personal preference. You will need to find a way to try some different seats. Maybe someone near you, or at a rally or gathering, has a seat that you can try out.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
I agree with others that it is a very personal choice based on a number of factors.

I put a Russell Day Long seat on as I ride a lot of long distance. It is the most comfortable seat I have ever owned. It's not cheap, but worth it. You may want to consider adding a backrest, I find it helps me on long days. I recommend that you try to sit on as many different seats as you can before you decide.

Good luck with whatever your choose.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Check out Meancitycycles.com. Love my seat since they redid it.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I think you can ask this question 100 times and get a hundred different answers. Everybody's butt and legs and what not feel different and fit differently and different people have different opinions. I personally have an ultimate seat and I can ride for hours and so can my wife. My wife could not ride for a long time on the stock seed so that alone made it worth it to me. Other people are going to have different results that's just the way it's going to be. At Americade, they have a bunch of seats sitting out that look like they might be on a bike and it gives you the opportunity to try them for your bike. Other people had excellent results with a Russell day long or Mustang, or Corbin, etc.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'm 6'-1", 215 lbs. The Ultimate seat is perfect for me, I can ride all day with no problems.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Last year after having some custom work done on the stock seat and still not being comfortable on longer rides I broke down and purchased a Drag Specialties Low Profile Touring seat....This seat is amazing for me, its all day comfortable and supportive. I looked at the Ultimate but its a "soft" seat, I prefer a firm seat so after long hours I don't feel sunk-in or down to the seat pan. The DS seat delivers, there's just enough give that its comfortable, but its firm enough that the comfort never goes away. As it broke in the seat kept getting better. I went with a "Mid-stitch" but these DS seats come in Full, Flame and Pillow-top. Can also be ordered with a back rest. My wife loves the pillion seat, says its the most comfort she's ever had on a bike and I have to agree.
btw: I'm 6' / 225lbs

https://www.denniskirk.com/drag-specialties/mild-stitch-low-profile-touring-seat-0810-1540.p459285.prd/459285.sku

https://www.denniskirk.com/drag-specialties/seats-and-seat-covers/2013-victory-cross-country.mmy/3900254:36304406.attrs/1.pg

·
Super Moderator
4,967 Posts
Good 'ol Mustang Vintage here.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am 6'0" - 190lbs. I have a 2013 XCT and put a Russell Day Long Saddle on my bike shortly after purchase. I take a lot of long distance trips. Most recently from Ohio to Northen California, all the way done the coast to San Deigo and then back to Ohio. I ride 2 up and my wife and I both agree the seat is the best we have ever had!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I rode my buddy's bike with the drag specialties seat for about 40-50 miles on an epic ride when we swapped bikes for a bit . My Grundle was so numb when I got off it , I though I had peed myself . Hence , everybody is different , he loves it , it made me incontinent .....

·
Registered
282 Posts
We are nearly the same size. I got 10 lbs on ya. After a triple spinal fusion, I thought I was going to have to stop ridding. Until I found Russell. Not sleek and sexy looking, just the most comfortable seat made!

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Any good shop will let you mount a seat and try it our for a week or so. I love the stock seat on my 2011 XC, but I previously had a Corbin on my Road King (yes, I made the switch!!) and I loved it. If helps your ass and back, it's worth the money.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
I tried the stock seat on my old bike and was getting terrible hot spots and lower back pain. I have a Corbin heated dual tour for long haul with the trunk mounted. For rides of a couple hundred miles or less my wife and I actually like the stock magnum seat.

You really are going to need to try different ones or learn thru trial and sell off what you dont like.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
I rode my buddy's bike with the drag specialties seat for about 40-50 miles on an epic ride when we swapped bikes for a bit . My Grundle was so numb when I got off it , I though I had peed myself . Hence , everybody is different , he loves it , it made me incontinent .....
I told you....if you weren't on the rag that weekend you wouldn't have had so much pressure.....and I didn't know you pee'd on my seat :mad:

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I told you....if you weren't on the rag that weekend you wouldn't have had so much pressure.....and I didn't know you pee'd on my seat :mad:
Oh , was that your bike.... Sorry buddy . Maybe if you didn't have a vagina , you would know what I'm talking about !:mad:

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Like my Ultimate. Where are you located? If you are close to Meyer Saddles, Russell, etc... look at one of them as you can really get a custom seat done by going there. They will still do a great job by going back and forth via UPS. Like someone said earlier too, some prefer a firm seat and others soft. You will definitely not go wrong with Russell but you have to get past the look.

·
Registered
219 Posts
We are nearly the same size. I got 10 lbs on ya. After a triple spinal fusion, I thought I was going to have to stop ridding. Until I found Russell. Not sleek and sexy looking, just the most comfortable seat made!
I see you have a white bike. Could you share a full bike picture?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
282 Posts
I see you have a white bike. Could you share a full bike picture?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
I have a black and gold 2014 XCT.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 41 Posts