Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I haven't noticed any threads specifically dedicated to calling out by name the best and worst dealers. Id like to be able to check here and decide where to take my bike in any state and perhaps more importantly, where to not take my bike. I'll start it off.

In the Memphis TN area.

Best dealership:
Barton Powersports in West Memphis Arkansas.

Worst dealership:
FRS Powersports in Memphis. They don't sell victory anymore but they do service them.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Very good dealer...Surdyke Yamaha and Victory Festus Missouri.cheers
Had my 06' Hammer dyno tuned there. thumb up

Worst dealership:
FRS Powersports in Memphis. They don't sell victory anymore but they do service them.
Bought the 10' XC I had from them, Had no problems.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Stay away from Superbike Shop in Evansville, IN as well as Complete Outdoor in Terre Haute, IN.

Great Dealer/Service: JPM Powersports in Hopkinsville, KY

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
where to take my bike in any state and perhaps more importantly, where to not take my bike. I'll start it off.
What is the criteria for this decision? I personally have a place I like based on past experienced with a different brand. I also have a place I'm not so crazy about based on the attitude of an individual who works there. Even with those preconceived notions, I have no idea whose tech would actually do better work on my bike. :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Great Victory dealer: Randy's Cycle in Marengo, IL
Great Victory Tuner, Te Vic Shop in Adel, IA

+1 on who toejam said to avoid.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Arizona Victory on Bell in Phoenix AZ ..... WORST dealer I have had to deal with. They don't have the tools to fix my motorcycle...... 4 weeks no answers no price, and they want me to pay them still.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I got caught on the road and needed routine service before going home. I was very impressed with MOTORSPORTS OF DAYTON. They took me in with only 1 day's notice and took good care of my bike at a decent price. My local Vic dealer is always saying they are booked a week ahead so for me the contrast was dramatic.
If you are in the area, they deserve your support.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I haven't noticed any threads specifically dedicated to calling out by name the best and worst dealers. Id like to be able to check here and decide where to take my bike in any state and perhaps more importantly, where to not take my bike. I'll start it off.

In the Memphis TN area.

Best dealership:
Barton Powersports in West Memphis Arkansas.

Worst dealership:

i have to agree with you about frs. it seemed like working on victorys was not exactly a priority when they sold them and for sure aint a priority now that they dont sell them.

frs would not even work on my bike the last time i took it there due to the fact they thought it might be a warranty issue with a fuel pump that they installed just 2 months prior.

took it to barton and found out it was an ignition coil. when i go to bartons to pick it up they said .... oh btw we cleaned your throttle body because it needed it . something frs could never figure out even though i took it there twice for surging at low speed.

only issue i had with barton was my bike idled extremely high when i picked it up. " obviously due to just cleaning the throttle body. ' i had to go back in and ask them to idle it down some... something the tech should have realized after he worked on it.

only other issue which is not bartons fault is having to wait the customary damn near 2 weeks for a part to arrive that i have experienced every time it has been in the shop.

·
Registered
247 Posts
What is the criteria for this decision? I personally have a place I like based on past experienced with a different brand. I also have a place I'm not so crazy about based on the attitude of an individual who works there. Even with those preconceived notions, I have no idea whose tech would actually do better work on my bike. :confused:
Imagine being a service manager at any busy motorcycle dealership. All kinds of people expecting service at some kind of predetermined level that is set in their mind. Major problems and minor problems all being able to be instantly plastered on the internet for everyone to peruse.
Reading some of the complaints in this and other forums I chuckle to myself at some of the overreacting that occurs when something is not quite right with their motorcycle. This doesn't mean that there aren't any legitimate complaints out there, but I think it's very simple for someone to have a negative experience somewhere, major or minor, and then slam the dealer all over the internet.
That being said, I purchased my bike at Shark cycle in Connecticut.
Good prices and the usual nice buying experience. What do you expect? They are making a sale. I had some problems with my bike and one of them was major. I had the extended warranty so no problems there. The bike was repaired and I rode it home {60 miles}a few weeks ago. I went out again that afternoon and the bike died, luckily very close to my house. tried to restart and fuel was leaking all over the motor. How it didn't catch fire I will never know. Pushed the bike to my garage and called the dealer. If I insisted he would have sent a truck to pick it up but we suspected that it was a minor problem and he offered to send a mechanic to my house to have a look see. I agreed. Sure enough the fuel line under the tank was not connected all the way which caused the leak. Easy fix and bike is good. All in all a pretty decent dealer experience wouldn't you say??

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have never had to wait for a part with Barton. I'm sure that at some point I'll encounter the wait but so far I've been in and out. What I love about them is that they do not do appointments. I'm a perpetual early burs so the first come first served thing really works for me.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have never had to wait for a part with Barton. I'm sure that at some point I'll encounter the wait but so far I've been in and out. What I love about them is that they do not do appointments. I'm a perpetual early burs so the first come first served thing really works for me.

in the 2 1/2 years i have had my bike i took it to frs 4 times and always heard... took 1 1/2 to 2 weeks to get a part.

i have only dealt with barton 1 time so far and heard took a week to get the ignition coil. just the way my luck goes i guess.

i was impressed by the fact once they got it running they determined the throttle body needed cleaning. something frs could never figure out .

was somewhat suprised when i went outside to pick up my bike after paying the bill upon starting it up that it idled so high and i had to go back inside and ask them to adjust it. it was no biggie but the tech should have noticed that without me having to point it out.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Brenny's - Bettendorf, IA: Great Service
Erv's Sales and Service, Tomahawk, WI: Great Sales and Service
Sport Rider, Eau Claire, WI: Decent Service, High Sale Prices
Bill's Sales and Service, Stratford, WI: Friendly Staff

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Imagine being a service manager at any busy motorcycle dealership. All kinds of people expecting service at some kind of predetermined level that is set in their mind. Major problems and minor problems all being able to be instantly plastered on the internet for everyone to peruse.
Reading some of the complaints in this and other forums I chuckle to myself at some of the overreacting that occurs when something is not quite right with their motorcycle. This doesn't mean that there aren't any legitimate complaints out there, but I think it's very simple for someone to have a negative experience somewhere, major or minor, and then slam the dealer all over the internet.
That being said, I purchased my bike at Shark cycle in Connecticut.
Good prices and the usual nice buying experience. What do you expect? They are making a sale. I had some problems with my bike and one of them was major. I had the extended warranty so no problems there. The bike was repaired and I rode it home {60 miles}a few weeks ago. I went out again that afternoon and the bike died, luckily very close to my house. tried to restart and fuel was leaking all over the motor. How it didn't catch fire I will never know. Pushed the bike to my garage and called the dealer. If I insisted he would have sent a truck to pick it up but we suspected that it was a minor problem and he offered to send a mechanic to my house to have a look see. I agreed. Sure enough the fuel line under the tank was not connected all the way which caused the leak. Easy fix and bike is good. All in all a pretty decent dealer experience wouldn't you say??

Yes, a very decent dealer.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My home dealership in Winnipeg, MB is Headingley Sport Shop and they are top notch for sales, parts and service.

The only other dealership I've had service contact with is Mountain Motorpsorts in Kodak, TN and while I've seen negative remarks about this dealer in other threads their service dept. got me in for same day service and treated me extremely well when I had a warranty issue 2,500 miles from home.

The closest thing I've had to a negative experience with at a Victory dealer was at Friend & Friend in Ellesworth, ME and that was just disappointing more than anything. Stopped in to perhaps find a dealer branded shirt as this was one of the few dealers I passed on our NE trip. Besides not having any shirts I bet we did 5 laps around that dealership passing multiple staff and not a single one even acknowledged our presence.

·
Registered
180 Posts
If you are in the Austin, Tx area, Napalm Motorsports is a great dealership. I was very impressed with the entire staff from the salesmen to the mechanics and parts staff. I bought my '08 Kingpin Tour there back in July and still get calls asking how the bike is working out for me, any problems, anything else they can do for me.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts