Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some ape hangers for a comfy slight lean back ride. I'm 5 ft 9. and not looking to lean forward. Thanks everyone. Love the wealth of experience we have here

HAMMY

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
I have the Victory apes on my CCT and find them very nice. I don't have them positioned straight up but I pulled them back a bit. I also like the Boogie Bars from RF Custom Victory parts.

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I just can't talk myself into apes. My riding position makes a knot form in my left shoulder without fail, but I'm practically a part of that bike when I'm on it. I'd hate to monkey with that.

heh. apes. monkey. I'm a funny guy.

Anyway, OP, I'd like to see how it works out for you. I'm the same height but my arms are long, and I tend to slouch. You solution might be something that I could use.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
I've got too second the Klock Werks Klip Hangers that @broggyr mentioned. The adjust-ability makes a big difference in comfort and they have a unique look.

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
Vicbaggers will custom make what you want for width, rise and pull back
The big problem I have with that, is that I had no idea what I wanted for width, rise, and pullback. The Klip Hangers let me try a variety of settings. And, I can always adjust them later.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Renorider, my approach was completely different. I went to a seat customizer only to make the saddle more comfortable. After clamping the front wheel in a chock, he had me get on the bike and right off, he said, your arms are too straight, I need to move you forward about an inch. What a wonderful difference that made. I didn't have to change bars, I got a more comfy saddle and had heat put in it to boot. What a deal!

·
13,177 Posts
so why can't you loosen the pinch bolts and pull your bars back to where you like them

·
Registered
16 Posts
i have on my xc EL DIABLO HANDLEBAR . 17 INCHES TALL. i'm 6 2' and it's pretty comfortable.. good luck choosing your apes

1 - 12 of 12 Posts