Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new battery for my 2011 XC, any suggestions as to best and/or EASIEST replacement ?, also, I assume it's pretty straightforward as far as DIY ?, I was going to do it during my 5000 mile service, but I'm reading that I don't need to really do that service with a dealer, just to do an oil change? I know these may have been answered already in previous threads but I didn't immediately find a lot, so I'm posting this thread myself.

·
13,003 Posts
my battery lasted 8 years. Didn't think twice went and bought another Yuasa. Bike sits on tender for 5 months in the winter
Your bike isn't that old and miles don't count on battery life.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Funny, I have a 2011 XC as well and have to replace the battery. Starts the bike fine but can't get it to 100% charged. Guess a cell is gone or going. Don't want to take a chance on a ride far away from home this summer so I opted to just replace it. Went with same WPS maintenance free battery sold on the buywitchdoctors.com website.

steviej

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
Yuasa as others suggested ... Cheap and good quality ... So you got more money on POWER or BLING ... ha ha

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Registered
357 Posts
Just ordered a Yuasa for my 2011.Original was still starting bike but didnt want to take the chance of being caught out.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Just ordered a Yuasa for my 2011.Original was still starting bike but didnt want to take the chance of being caught out.
Good choice.

·
Premium Member
8,790 Posts
these are AGM (absorbed glass mat) batteries we are talking aren't they?
Going on previous discussions thats what Ive ordered for my 2010 Vegas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts