Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I read before that it actually happened like that. Don't know about the chocolate bar though.

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
And to you and yours, Sir. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I'm not a veteran of any kind. I can't imagine being in combat to begin with and have unspeakable respect for those that put their life on the line in the name of their country. As little as I can imagine it to begin with it's inconceivable to me that a group of people can share an experience like that, meet those on the other side, and then go back to killing each other. I'm not judging by any means, this isn't mean to be a criticism of anyone, it's just that I'm floored that such an event happened. I have to think the personal trauma of being in a war would be even more crushing knowing that you're firing upon those that you just recently shared a chocolate bar or a game of football with.

·
Super Moderator
4,967 Posts
I've never had words for that event except it shows we can be peaceful as individuals and what they did that day is one of the most powerful examples of being human. War brings out the best and worst.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
That's an extremely powerful message in that video. The enemy of today is a different breed, where suicide bombers are an everyday occurrence and killing a child is nothing to them.
I have full respect for our brothers and sisters fighting the battle so you and I can sit down with our families this Christmas and enjoy our freedoms...

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
That's an extremely powerful message in that video. The enemy of today is a different breed, where suicide bombers are an everyday occurrence and killing a child is nothing to them.
I have full respect for our brothers and sisters fighting the battle so you and I can sit down with our families this Christmas and enjoy our freedoms...
Amen

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Damn straight +1

·
Super Moderator
4,967 Posts
Thanks for sharing. click.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts