Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a mint 2015 Magnum last year.

Lookin to throttle down the wind turbulence.
Whats the best options available today??

Also lookin for recommendations on highway
bars and highway pegs as well. - Thanx!!

·
Premium Member
3,984 Posts
Wind deflectors - Witch Doctor's. Highway bars, there are a couple of after marked places that make them and Witch Doc's can probably help you with them. Goggle search.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts

Reactions: Jakvis

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I picked up those Witchdoctorz
Could have sworn last time I checked they were OOS

Thx
Do those work with highway barz??

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
That I'm not sure of, perhaps someone else can chime in on that.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,640 Posts
Check Facebook sale groups and eBay. Highway bars the round style and forged bars. The latter are a pretty penny.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Are you trying to get rid of the helmet bobble effect?
Here is what I use:

Looks too simple, but it works on my bike.
One on each side mounted to the Cheese Wedges as shown with 3m dual lock mounting tape.
Kydex was bought on E-Bay. ~$7?
“3m dual lock” ~$5? E-Bay or some Walmarts.
It is important that the Kydex does not touch the tank.
A 5/16 - 3/8 inch gap works well.
I‘m using a Madstad windshield if you’re wondering .

If this mod works for you, blame Pain who used to frequent this forum.
He did the research, I just copied his solution.
If it doesn’t work, your out $15 .

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
First I've seen that idea.
Your cheese wedge doesn't fly off with all that stress?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
First I've seen that idea.
Your cheese wedge doesn't fly off with all that stress?
No, haven't had any issues.
I doubt there is much actual air pressure there, that close to the bike, as it moves forward through the air, but haven’t really checked. Or may have checked initially and then forgot I had when there wasn’t much pressure present. Don’t really know.

The cards just redirect the flow of air passing under the tank that apparently rises up where the tank narrows trying to fill the low pressure area behind the fairing causing the turbulence and pulsing. (Helmet bobble)
Or something like that. The deflectors have a very subtle effect. Just stops the helmet bobble. Other than that there is no effect on the air management of the bike that I can tell.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Interesting. Between madstad, hard lowers, and side deflectors I don't have noticable head issues. I'm afraid to manage wind too much then I'll be cooking in the sun so I tolerate a bit of turbulence.

Reactions: Joe_

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Interesting. Between madstad, hard lowers, and side deflectors I don't have noticable head issues. I'm afraid to manage wind too much then I'll be cooking in the sun so I tolerate a bit of turbulence.
If you do remove your hard lowers and it does give you bobble issues . Try this fix. No promise, but it might work for you.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
What are side deflectors are they something you added? My bike came as an 8 ball, not familiar with what came on the tour stock.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
IndyVictory has a XCT so I suspect he means the clear plastic pivoting stock wind deflectors mounted on the lower part of the fairing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Yes, the goal was to achieve less turbulence hitting my head. Its lifting the German helmet causing a parachute effect which grows tiresome quickly on long cruises at highway speeds.

I know I have a taller windshield from factory, but not sure which it is. Im the 2nd owner.

I have the Witchdoctor unpainted set for $199 ordered. Hopefully the site was accurate with inventory.

Anyone know the paint codes/names for the 2015 Red n Gray magnum?? I want to get them painted ASAP.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts