Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm in the market for a Cross Country Tour. I want used and I want to set a bar for a great price on one. How'd you do on yours?

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
You will usually get a better deal buying from an individual rather than from a dealer. If you are searching only locally, just use Craigslist, cycle trader, etc. If you are searching nationally, use a website called Searchtempest. It allows you to search both Craigslist and ebay nationwide or in a given radius around your location. I bought three 2012 Victory Cross Country Tour bikes in the last 1.5 years and found them all using Search tempest. Two were in the Detroit area and one was in Hot Springs, Arkansas. As for pricing, it depends on the year, of course. As a very rough starting point, I would think that a nice low mileage 2013 CCT with even some added "stuff" should go for no more than $14,000 from an individual and maybe even less.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
280 Posts
As for pricing, it depends on the year, of course. As a very rough starting point, I would think that a nice low mileage 2013 CCT with even some added "stuff" should go for no more than $14,000 from an individual and maybe even less.

G'day,

Vinish
Uhmmmm, I have a very low mileage 2013 CCT in the very popular Sunset Red and some "extra's", and if I were selling I would not part with it for less then 16,500 to 17 G (leaning hard toward 17) and even then I would have to be hard pressed to sell it.

But it isn't unreasonable to think you might find one private sale in the 14 g range I guess :nerd

Value is relative

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Uhmmmm, I have a very low mileage 2013 CCT in the very popular Sunset Red and some "extra's", and if I were selling I would not part with it for less then 16,500 to 17 G (leaning hard toward 17) and even then I would have to be hard pressed to sell it.

But it isn't unreasonable to think you might find one private sale in the 14 g range I guess :nerd

Value is relative
In Sept, 2014, Oct 2014, and May, 2015, I bought three 2012 Vic XCT. I paid exactly $14,500 for each. Two of these were even from dealers. The one where I got a hella-deal was from an individual how took a bath on the bike. It probably has $5000 of extras on it. My logic was that is now about 1-1.5 years later so the same prices (roughly) would seem applicable now to 2013 bikes.

Remember that the extras you put on the bike will get you 1/10 their cost when you sell it if you are very lucky. More likely, they will net you zero extra. You are usually better off removing them from the bike and selling them separately. Sad but true.

Here are some bikes I found in a quick Searchtempest search:

Dealer, $15,000: 2013 Victory Motorcycles CROSS COUNTRY TOUR
Individual, $14,500: Sunset Red Victory Cross Country but this is a CC that has been "tourified" and has a bunch of extra performance parts.
Dealer, $15,000: Preowned 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
Individual, $15,000: 2013 Victory Cross County Tour
Individual, $15,000: 2013 victory cross cuntry tour

So it would seem there are plenty of 2013 XCT bikes available for an ASKING price of $15,000 which means an actual selling price in the 14's.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
357 Posts
In Sept, 2014, Oct 2014, and May, 2015, I bought three 2012 Vic XCT. I paid exactly $14,500 for each. Two of these were even from dealers. The one where I got a hella-deal was from an individual how took a bath on the bike. It probably has $5000 of extras on it. My logic was that is now about 1-1.5 years later so the same prices (roughly) would seem applicable now to 2013 bikes.

Remember that the extras you put on the bike will get you 1/10 their cost when you sell it if you are very lucky. More likely, they will net you zero extra. You are usually better off removing them from the bike and selling them separately. Sad but true.

Here are some bikes I found in a quick Searchtempest search:

Dealer, $15,000: 2013 Victory Motorcycles CROSS COUNTRY TOUR
Individual, $14,500: Sunset Red Victory Cross Country but this is a CC that has been "tourified" and has a bunch of extra performance parts.
Dealer, $15,000: Preowned 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
Individual, $15,000: 2013 Victory Cross County Tour
Individual, $15,000: 2013 victory cross cuntry tour

So it would seem there are plenty of 2013 XCT bikes available for an ASKING price of $15,000 which means an actual selling price in the 14's.

G'day,

Vinish
I totally agree with you.I got my 2011 XC with tons of "stuff" for $5000 and my 04 V92TC.He was asking $8700.Bike had 7200mi and had just been serviced.I took the stuff off I didnt want and and had enough cash to do a ATS,Hi Flow filter and PCV.
I found it on Craigslist about 150 miles from me.You have to look a couple times a day and have cash ready.
Also agree on when you do thing s to "make the bike yours" you have to suck that cash up when/if you sell

·
Registered
280 Posts

G'day,

Vinish
Your missing my point.
None of those were Sunset Red.
None of those were mine.
The one visionjohnny posted was closest to mine and had 48000 more miles on it then mine does and they were asking 14 G's so......
If you want mine I stand by what I stated.

Value is relative :D

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I don't know my colors vs. model years of XCT bikes so please forgive my ignorance. One of the 2012 XCT that I bought was, I think, the sunset red and I bought it about a year ago from a dealer for $14,500. It is definitely a stock red color. Is that the sunset red? This color did not seem to be of any different value than other XCT colors when I was shopping 1-1.5 years ago. The owner of an object, including motorcycles, does not determine its value. Its value is what someone else is willing to pay for it. You may think it is worth a certain amount but this is just "mental money". Its actual value could only be determined by a sale at which point its value is clearly determined.

So if your point is that the bike has a certain value to YOU, that is fine. Assign it whatever value makes you happy. If you are trying to give advice to others about value, then your mental assignment of value is substantially less important than are actual selling prices.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
280 Posts
I don't know my colors vs. model years of XCT bikes so please forgive my ignorance. One of the 2012 XCT that I bought was, I think, the sunset red and I bought it about a year ago from a dealer for $14,500. It is definitely a stock red color. Is that the sunset red? This color did not seem to be of any different value than other XCT colors when I was shopping 1-1.5 years ago. The owner of an object, including motorcycles, does not determine its value. Its value is what someone else is willing to pay for it. You may think it is worth a certain amount but this is just "mental money". Its actual value could only be determined by a sale at which point its value is clearly determined.

So if your point is that the bike has a certain value to YOU, that is fine. Assign it whatever value makes you happy. If you are trying to give advice to others about value, then your mental assignment of value is substantially less important than are actual selling prices.

G'day,

Vinish
Like I said, you just don't get it, but that's fine.

It's RELATIVE. cheers

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
SUPERDOG.. I think he does get it. You can ask for the moon for yours, it doesn't mean it will ever sell. I've sold a lot of used bikes over the years. Its a good thing I enjoyed them because I took a beating on every one I sold.

IE I see by another post that Honda east will have a used anti freeze green XC available soon. People never seem to hang on their toys, never good enough, always want the next shiny thing that catches their eye. Hence there will always be many low mileage units of ever brand flooding the market. It is what it is.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You won't find a nicer one than mine, which was linked in a previous post and is listed in the classifieds here. I think its priced fairly given the mileage and extras.
Plus I'm near Denver, which makes for a really nice fly n ride!

Thx

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know where to look, I'm looking for target deals. I want CCT, bright color for the best deal. I'm seeing 2012-2013's for $15k+. I want a 2010 for less than $10k. It might not be out there this year, might need to wait or pay up.

I definitely cannot deal with another dark bike, my black '99 V92c has been too much of a commitment since 12/2002.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
I've got a 2014 with 13k miles that I'll let go of for $15,000. Every mile has been mine and I typically ride it like I stole it. Needs new tires, new brake rotors and I've only dropped it like three times. Other than that, it's practically new.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Someone provides evidence contrary to your position and your enlightened response is, "you don't get it". How persuasive. Since I own three XCT bikes one of which is, I believe sunset red, I think I do get it. However, maybe my red is another shade than sunset.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I really thought my trade in RSV was worth more than I was offered. But I found a XCT I wanted and the price was under what other units similar years/mileage were asking. Color defiantly was not what I would have wanted if I had a "choice" IE new. BUT all that taken into account, once a deal was worked out we rode home a new to us 13 XCT. I guess what I'm trying to say is you as a seller have one idea of a price, Bob (Buyer Of Bike) has his idea of what its worth to him. If you all dont meet somewhere in the middle, your still gonna have your bike your trying to sell and Bob is gonna have his green stuff in his pocket.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts