• Other?

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, I am looking at exhausts the Swepts might have to go.

I want performance but I want my bike to look the best too. I have narrowed it down to a few pipes. Not really a fan of 2:1's either.

RPW Slash - Look like my Swepts which suit the bike. Won't scrape like I did on my swepts for the first time today! Might wrap the first half as well to make them look mean. Perform really well too and only a bit down on the performance King the RPW Thor. Do I need to cut something to fit these?

Hacker Rippers - Just like above! Really suit the bike. How do these compare in Sound/performance/build & fit quality to the RPW Slash? No cutting?

Bassani Pro Street Turn Outs (new style). I can't stand the look of seeing that exhaust bracket so it has to be the new ones. Sound compared to the above? New style won't scrape? Suit a bobber styled bike. I have found a new set for $450!

I know a lot of people suggest Ground Pounders (have to relocate the oil cooler which is an extra cost) and the Hacker Zoomies (which I like) but I don't really like the way they come across the engine/cam cover. I prefer the front pipe to run don bar the front peg away from my leg. Does anyone else think the same?

I will do a new air intake and PV5 down the line too but for now i just have the stage 1.

Hear from you all soon!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
The Slash , in BLACK !cheers

·
Registered
454 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have had 3 sets of pipes on my Vegas, basically the same as the high ball. Straight pipes, hacker zoomies, and ground pounders. For the cost of the oil cooler relocator the ground pounders are by far the best sound, performance and look in my opinion. in the group i ride in now, we have my pounders, a zoomies, a straight pipe, and a slash. Slash sounds good and looks good, but everyone turns heads to the pounders.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I have had 3 sets of pipes on my Vegas, basically the same as the high ball. Straight pipes, hacker zoomies, and ground pounders. For the cost of the oil cooler relocator the ground pounders are by far the best sound, performance and look in my opinion. in the group i ride in now, we have my pounders, a zoomies, a straight pipe, and a slash. Slash sounds good and looks good, but everyone turns heads to the pounders.
Aren't those like 1300.00 with the cooler though ? That's a set of torque tubes and cams ! I think they look great , don't get me wrong .... But , that's a lot of cake !:crzy::crzy::crzy:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Aren't those like 1300.00 plus with the cooler though ? That's a set of torque tubes and cams ! I think they look great , don't get me wrong .... But , that's a lot of cake !:crzy::crzy::crzy:
The ones from conquestcustoms are about $950.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
The ones from conquestcustoms are about $950.
yA , BUT YOU NEED THE UPDATED COOLER FOR THEM TO FIT , THATS LIKE ANOTHER 400.00 OR SO ... Sorry bout the caps , not intentional . cheers

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I was trying to say , 1300.00 total , pipes and cooler .....thumb up

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I do like the look of the Ground Pounders and the Zoomies but what do you all think of the way the front pipe comes up high across the engine and close to your leg? With RPW Slask or Rippers the front pipe sits low and covers a lot of the bikes frame work.

Does anyone else think the swept/slash style suit it the best or is it just me?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I don't care for the Hackers... I didn't like the sound of the Zoomies. I have heard the Ground Pounders as well. They are unreal sounding pipes! They bark even better than my Bassani turn outs. Bang for your buck IMHO is the Bassani as far as sound goes. I don't know HP or TQ numbers vs other pipes but sound is awesome.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
454 Posts
I dunno, but just looking at the pics of the ground pounders and looking at my bike it looks like the oil cooler would be fine as is, but I don't know that for sure, my oil cooler sit lower on the frame. The heat issue you mention with your legs is probably the reason the pipes are wrapped with the exhaust tape.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you like the slash look and want great sound I can recommend the Freedom Performance Sharp Curve Radius. You can find them online for $600 (amazon had them last I looked), so cheaper than hackers and rpw. I've never heard anything bad about rpw but there are several horror stories on here and other victory forums regarding Hackers long shipping times and their tendency to pit and discolor.

You can search the forums for reviews of the freedom performance pipes and you can find a few YouTube videos showing their sound. I have personally made several posts about them already.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Chrome isn't a sin also

I scotch-brite'd my Slash exhaust since I bought some used pipes for a song and a dance compared to new, thus I had one choice.. Chrome or chrome with these. So I did a brush job with wrap. I've been pleased. I think it sets the bike off a little bit and breaks up the look, as opposed to everything black. Opinions vary. cheers

Cool part also is cleaning the exhaust.. I literally use WD-40 and a scotch-brite pad to brush off any gunk that's stuck to the pipes. Works great. I'm a big fan of the brushed look, ala Exile Cycles. Too bad all the engines and covers seem to be all black now. A scotch-brite job on a bunch of goodies on a chrome Vic, I think would be awesome.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I scotch-brite'd my Slash exhaust since I bought some used pipes for a song and a dance compared to new, thus I had one choice.. Chrome or chrome with these. So I did a brush job with wrap. I've been pleased. I think it sets the bike off a little bit and breaks up the look, as opposed to everything black. Opinions vary. cheers

Cool part also is cleaning the exhaust.. I literally use WD-40 and a scotch-brite pad to brush off any gunk that's stuck to the pipes. Works great. I'm a big fan of the brushed look, ala Exile Cycles. Too bad all the engines and covers seem to be all black now. A scotch-brite job on a bunch of goodies on a chrome Vic, I think would be awesome.

bsbabcock, did you have to relocate your oil cooler? either way, please post photo of the cooler so we can get an idea as to what can or needs to be done.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
dope , you do not need to worry about the oil cooler with these pipes , I believe its only an issue with the GPounders . thumb up

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Here is the oil cooler used with the Ground Pounders ....

I put some arrows to show location...

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
bsbabcock, did you have to relocate your oil cooler? either way, please post photo of the cooler so we can get an idea as to what can or needs to be done.
Nope.. Easiest install. Only mod was cutting the lower frame piece to remove the stock exhaust mount, which is standard procedure for most aftermarket exhausts. So my cooler is bone stock. I also cleaned up the unused O2 sensor plugs with some shrink wrap just to keep moisture out, granted I shall never use them again I imagine.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Babs , did you remove you lower frame piece to cut it , or did you do it right on the bike ?cheers

·
Registered
454 Posts
dope , you do not need to worry about the oil cooler with these pipes , I believe its only an issue with the GPounders . thumb up
the ground pounders look (according to all of the pics I have seen) like they take the same route ad the pipes you have, but I have not seen any close up pictures of the affected area

Here is the oil cooler used with the Ground Pounders ....

I put some arrows to show location...
Thanks
Nope.. Easiest install. Only mod was cutting the lower frame piece to remove the stock exhaust mount, which is standard procedure for most aftermarket exhausts. So my cooler is bone stock. I also cleaned up the unused O2 sensor plugs with some shrink wrap just to keep moisture out, granted I shall never use them again I imagine.
The ground pounders "look" as if they take the same line (if not a higher line) than the pipes in your picture, just trying to visualize the pipes on the bike and not getting a clear picture, I would really like to see some pictures of the ground pounders installed, showing the area with the stock oil cooler location.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts