Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a cursory search so my apologies if I passed it up. But I'm curious as to what people are finding for solid performance bumps for "relatively" small money and labor. I'm essentially contemplating new exhaust, intake (that's basically only the filter on these, right?), 1/4 throttle and timing gear from Lloydz. Those are the things I've seen in quick looks, anyhow. Anything else other than getting in to cams or more? And are there any setups that are seeing the best bang for your buck consistently?

Or (am I guessing not), but does just going stage 1 from Vic work best?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
All the above and a Dynojet PCV with a Pro tune after all installed .

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I got 98.5 HP and 113 TQ with this stuff and NO Cams . I also have a set of Miller long baffle mufflers installed .

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I concur. The best mods you can do with the biggest gains for the smallest bucks:
- Lloydz air filter
- Lloydz ATS (adjustable timing wheel)
- Power Commander V (PCV) with a dyno tune
- Good exhaust

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's everyone seeing with Vic's Tri-Oval stage 1? Only reason I ask is they have a sale soon ($500 off $1500 worth of stuff) and I do like how they look.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I like the looks and sound of the tri-ovals , but if your looking for performance , you can do a hell of a lot better for a lot less money , the stage one flash is garbage compared to a PCV and tune .

·
Registered
329 Posts
You mentioned a 1/4 turn throttle in the original post. I wouldn't consider that a good bang for you buck performance part. Because it doesn't actually give you any additional performance. It just makes the throttle turn shorter. It's nice for some people but it definitely isn't necessary.

As everyone has said, Lloydz Air Filter, ATS (Timing Wheel), good exhaust, PCV or other fuel tuner and a good professional tune. From what I can tell the exhaust can actually alter your power figures quite a bit. I have the RPW's on my bike and while I love the sound (they are loud) they make quite a bit less power than the D&D's that are on my Dad's XCT and my brother Vision.

·
Premium Member
8,768 Posts
Dont cheap out on getting your bike performing at its best,
Breathing Heavy and PCV dynoed
Its the way to go.
The best deserves the best.
Vic stage one is an illusion.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Regarding the 1/4 throttle ring, I'm kinda against the grain here but when I changed my grips, I would have had to buy a new ring because it didn't fit. And you know what? I kinda like it better. But then, that's my preference.

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
I have a few of what you mentioned but made my own mufflers for waaay less than buying. Look at my sig.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
1/4 turn ring can be made for approx $.99, and as said its not a performance mod, but dobt understand why the factory uses such a long fricken pull throttle!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Dobeck vs PC

Unless you plan to do cams or big bore.

The best bang for the buck is a Dobeck AFR+ (Gen IV) vs the PCV and auto tune.

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
I'm happy with my LLoydz VFCIII.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Lloydz VFCIII

I know you can get better performing fueler, but I like my Lloydz VFCIII also. Fairly easy to install and set. It is adjustbable without having to plug into a computer! Not as accurate as a real dyno, but the old butt dyno says it helps!
:devil

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Here's another point for VFC III. Especially because I got it for about 1/2 price :D

If I had to buy it new, I would have bought the PCV...

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
dyno tune = PCV

for those spending $$$$ on a dyno tune PCV is the way to go with more adjustability for better performance, a simple fuel tuner easily installed at home at less cost is enough for most, me included. just looking for a cooler-richer longer running engine, same reason i use Redline oil!!!! broggy did you miss the timing in your list or its not installed? i felt a performance increase from it alone, an easy bolt on!!!

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Per Lloyd's recommendation, re my request for ONLY a cooler-running engine, they put in their air filter and PCV, and dyno-tuned it. With everything else stock, including the exhaust system, I got 93HP and 108 FT-LB, and higher red line (and lost a tiny bit of torque, just off idle). See pic. This represents about a 10% gain over stock for both of those, and the additional headroom is nice.

I don't know if I'd call this "relatively" little money -- about $900, after tax -- but it's less expensive than doing more work, certainly.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
what you want

i don't think that was a bad price, when you get good guys doing the work labor adds quickly to the cost, in the end only you need be satisfied!! i enjoy wrenching + without family obligation can do whatever, whenever so the $$$$ i save on labor buys parts. the dobeck tuner was a first time for me, not bad just read + follow directions, work slow + careful for a correct install. intake-exhaust-fuel tuner + the timing wheel, i am satisfied, its all what you want + can afford!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts