Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the market for a victory but needed help on what to look for. My dad has an 03 Vegas that i really like. I think i like the way the 92 sounds vs the 100, but wondered how the performance compared. Which bike responds best to bolt on mods, (intake/exhaust/tune)? Which bike is best when doing more major engine work like a big bore kit or stroker kit? Is the 6sp better than the 5sp? If i bought a 5sp bike, i would be doing the overdrive sprocket. I have done searches, but couldnt find anything comparing these two motors. Thanks for your help in advance.

Ryan

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
92"and first gen 100" make about the same power stock, but the 100" takes a slight edge when you start with the exterior bolt-ons. Once you start going into the motor the old adage of "there ain't no replacement for displacement" come out
That said the 92" is the only engine I would ever call bullet proof, and if you add a big bore kit to it. It does have superior heads, and larger exhaust valves out of the box

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. When you say first gen 100'', when did it change and what changed to make it better?

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Thanks for the reply. When you say first gen 100'', when did it change and what changed to make it better?
I never said they changed it and made it better......

In 08 they changed the fuel system to an old school closed loop, and lowered the compression. Both moves to make it EPA compliant. Neither of them in my opinion that great. The new oil cooler was nicer though

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the clarification. Didnt mean to put words in your mouth, just misunderstood what you said.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts