Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the BEST regardless of price, motorcycle cover (rainproof) for a cross country tour. My bike sits outside until I extend my garage. Not looking for a canvas motorcycle garage, just a cover. Thanks///bcflyguy
wac

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I want to know too. I will soon own a Vision. The cover I have for my HD allows lots of moisture to build up on the bike. After a hard rain I need to dry off the seat and wipe down the windshield before I can ride.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
What is the BEST regardless of price, motorcycle cover (rainproof) for a cross country tour. My bike sits outside until I extend my garage. Not looking for a canvas motorcycle garage, just a cover. Thanks///bcflyguy
wac
With our widespread droughts, just about any MC should do.

·
Registered
265 Posts
There is a mobile-type garage maker that is specifically designed for motorcycles and runs about $400. That is the way I'd go if I was in your situation. If I remember/find the link, I will post it.

Ride safe.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all
I bought a Guardian Delco Rear zipper model. Xct takes a XXL and fits very snuggly. $124 delivered' Put it on today. Great buy!!!

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
I used a Cycle Shell several years ago when I didn't have a garage. It worked perfectly and I'd buy another in a minute if I had the need. There are other similar products but the Cycle Shell worked great.

www.cycleshell.com

All the best,

Mark

·
Registered
98 Posts
+1on the Nelson Rigg. I have the Defender 2000 in XXL and it fits my XCT perfectly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have mixed feelings about the nelson riggs defender 2000. I've had one for a year, it fits the bike well, seems very solid and well built. but it's thick and tends not to vent very well. Since the bottom is open, moisture can come in from underneath and accumulate, and now I see mold building up on the inside of the cover, probably due to lack of venting. Over time, the water resistance has also weakened and I feel like the cover now stores water inside itself when it rains, and doesn't dry quicly once it stops raining.

If it rains a lot where you live, I don't know that I would recommend the nelson cover. It's not a bad cover by any means, protects well from dirt and the morning dew. But it doesn't work well in very rainly climate. And this may be true for any cover really.

I'm considering a tent type deal like the cycleshell.

·
Registered
636 Posts
wac
I just bought Gezagear.com travel and towing covers for our bikes.... Get them in another week or so... The half cover is for when the bike sleeps over nite and the trailer ones are for,the trips back and forth from here to there.....if we don't ride.......check out their site.... Maybe what you are looking for....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts