·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
Following this with interest..
Gonna run the black dyno too?

·
Premium Member
4,893 Posts
Riding around at 3K rpm it’s just a normal feeling bike to me,.. Around 3400-3500 the party starts and keeps pulling hard to 6K.
Larger intake means less velocity... headwork does that too. Compromises. The one thing that allows you to make less compromises is having cubic inches.

For the core frame bike I would just go with the extra displacement from the get go especially with those bikes being heavier.
Agree 100%. On a big heavy bike what you need is atmospheres... I'd do a turbo and get it over with.

·
Premium Member
4,893 Posts
I'd like to add....
There is such a thing as "enough" power.

On a steel frame Vic 120 HP is a lot.
On a Cross Country you would need 145 HP to achieve the same power to weight ratio.

I'm the type who will trade HP for torque. On a normal day I won't see 6th gear and I won't see anything above 5000 rpm... so what is important to me is that midrange punch... 140+ ft-lbs at 4000 rpm kinda punch... If it cost me 10 HP at 6000+ rpm to have it, I'm cool with that because it's not a race bike, it's a daily driver. I want the feeling that the engine can pick the bike up and THROW IT down the road.

This is why sport-bikes or a bike like the V-Rod or Octane have no appeal to me... They just don't put down the torque. They don't have those big hairy gorilla nuts in the midrange, they don't make me giggle.

I would take 130 HP / 140 ft-lbs over 140 HP / 130 ft-lbs all day long unless I'm building a race bike.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
It's been a while but when Peter started posting about the 'baby 106 loaner' engine with the super charger, I can't get that out of my head. Decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
352 Posts
you must be referring to this version ...... ;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Yes sir, that's the one!

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
133 ft lbs makes me very happy I must say.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts