Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of dumping the rear number plate holder and indicators for smaller items. I am thinking of running these indicators
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151132364768?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_405wt_1091
but want to clean up the back. I don't really want a side mount as I will be getting bags and it's illegal here in the UK. The plate on the rear helps hide the skinny tyre and helps fill the big gap between my tyre and rear guard.

Would this style of thing work? I'm not sure how they would mount or screw on.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/universal-tail-tidy-rsend-tailtidy-with-led-lights-bulb-indicators-carbon-/251323392346?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3a840aa15a#ht_1093wt_1091

Anyone got any better ideas?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Looks pretty slick.

·
12,970 Posts
I am thinking of dumping the rear number plate holder and indicators for smaller items. I am thinking of running these indicators
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151132364768?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_405wt_1091
but want to clean up the back. I don't really want a side mount as I will be getting bags and it's illegal here in the UK. The plate on the rear helps hide the skinny tyre and helps fill the big gap between my tyre and rear guard.

Would this style of thing work? I'm not sure how they would mount or screw on.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/universal-tail-tidy-rsend-tailtidy-with-led-lights-bulb-indicators-carbon-/251323392346?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3a840aa15a#ht_1093wt_1091

Anyone got any better ideas?
Didn't you all ready post this once before

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sort off. It's was about the Led indicators.

This is about a tail tidy.

·
12,970 Posts
Say as long as your in Scotland why not go to your dealer and see if they buy from Pats Unlimted or Drag Specialties
if they do you might save money ordering from the dealer

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't heard of those companies. The only problem with Victory at the moment is that there are no dealers in all of Scotland. The closest one is in England :(

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool! It will be tricky finding someone here who knows what will fit out of the catalogue. Thanks for the names!

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
To tidy up your arse end take the stock plastic license plate holder and trim it. Move the plate up as high as possible make sure it is perfectly square mark it then trim all the plastic off around it. Make sure you remove the holder from bike prior to trimming. I only drilled top license plate bolt holes. The rear signals are easy as well... Prior to removing the rear turn signals and license plate holder. Take some painters tape and cover a good portion of the rear fender on either side. Then using stock signals as a guide line mark where u want new ones. After you mark them double check your measurement back towards something like your passenger seat bolt holes. Drill a small pilot then drill the larger hole for the new turn signals. Take you less than an afternoon and it will look much better.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
On to the topic of your signal lights... Is there a bike shop of any kind near your? Someone must have some black LED bullets in the UK... They can be for any bike just make sure you get the proper load equalizers. I bought mine from a HD dealer. When trying to save a buck or 2 you gotta think outside the box a bit my friend.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
House of Custom out of Gladgow deals with Kurykan... You should be able to get anything you need right there. How about you just buy me a plane ticket and I come fix your Highball up good and proper! Lol

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You're my new best friend! Lol!

3 awesome posts. I didn't think of cutting to stock one. I though most people just binned it. The good part is I know it will fit back on too!

·
Registered
155 Posts
i have one like this for sale that i took off my HB....

$150

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
i hate winter.....? i just seen an add for this from you elswhere here and it was $200? really what would you take for it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Travis P don't get your panties in a wad, i was just curious as the ad's were both made on the same day? just seemed a little weird to me. and the fact the picture he posted is for a hammer... so im thinking the big tire hammer wouldn't fit the highball? or am i wrong :)

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
You are definitely not wrong. That piece will not fit a highball fender... Panties are not wadded I was actually hard timing the seller! Well you a bit as well, cause $150 for that mbw piece new in the package is a deal. ;) ( should have put one of these up the first time)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts