Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Sun, weather, insect damage? Are these mounted on your saddlebag lids pointing up or somewhere else? Are they 'Marine Grade'?

Many years ago I had to replace the rubber ring on an awesome set of Onkyo home stereo speakers. These particular 3-way speakers were never available in the US. Only Japan and Germany. And yes, they sounded spectacular being driven by an Onkyo M-508 amp. After about 15 years the rubber ring got brittle, cracked and eventually crumbled. Though that's certainly not the same scenario with your Polk's.

·
Premium Member
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Front speakers. Apparently mice as there was a bunch of nesting material in the cowl. They ate my speaker.:frown

·
Registered
426 Posts
Front speakers. Apparently mice as there was a bunch of nesting material in the cowl. They ate my speaker.:frown
Gotta stop playing that Vanilla Ice crap and get back to Bluegrass! Mice like vanilla..lol.

Damn mice got to my window washer line this spring and ate a hole through the hose.

Mice suck.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Glue boards, available at your local WalMart, catch all manner of mice, insects, snakes, geckos etc. You may be surprised to find out what's crawling around your garage.

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
I have a friend up in the mountains who had a brand new Chevy Truck. For whatever reason the varmints loved the wiring up in the engine compartment of that truck. It cost a lot of money, not sure if it was covered by insurance, to fix that damage.

This kind of thing is unfortunately a lot more common than most people know.

I had an infestation of mice in my house last year. I bet I caught and killed 30 plus mice before I finally found the tiny hole they were getting it at and closed it.

I can't blame nature for wanting to live. I hope nature doesn't blame me for killing it in my house. At first I took a more humane approach and caught them with a mouse cage with bait then drove a ways a way to let them loose but then I realized they would probably just do it to some other poor unsuspecting home owner so I just killed them with rat poison after that.

·
Premium Member
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glue boards, available at your local WalMart, catch all manner of mice, insects, snakes, geckos etc. You may be surprised to find out what's crawling around your garage.
I like the geckos (anoles) and the other lizards, toads and frogs. I do get the occasional snake in the mouse and rat traps though.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have a friend up in the mountains who had a brand new Chevy Truck. For whatever reason the varmints loved the wiring up in the engine compartment of that truck. It cost a lot of money, not sure if it was covered by insurance, to fix that damage.

This kind of thing is unfortunately a lot more common than most people know.
I just went through as well, living in a rural area...damn mice. got about 15 then they stopped. Seems the heavy summer rains moved them inside. Some others too in the area. The saying goes "if you see 1 mouse, you have 6."

Just used the regular wood and bait traps and set poison up as well. Smart little bastards wouldn't eat the poison. So I mixed some Borax in with some jelly and they took it. Once I saw that those asshole chipmunks got a taste of it too.

But when I saw they got under my truck hood and ate by sprayer hose I was pissed. put some jellied Borax under the hood too. And get this...found a damn dead mouse INSIDE the truck! How it got there, no clue but I 'think' it got in somehow through an air vent, no other way in from the hood. Even the brake pedal bushing was intact.

Neighbor found a whole nest of the little bastards inside his car air filter assembly too! Seems the got in through the main opening under the bumper and made a nice nest. His car was running like crap after he started it up (was sitting for a few weeks ) and he went to change the AF and crapped when he saw the nest. But the jelly Borax does the trick. I found it works on squirrels, chipmunks, possums, and other other unwanted rodents and varmints.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
An air rifle with 2 or 3 options of pellet shapes/weights works wonders on squirrels and chipmunks. Tossing them over the hill in my 'back 40' as food for the non invasive wildlife completes the cycle. We find the bird seed goes twice as far after you reduce the local squirrel and chipmunk population.

Squirrels and chipmunks ate through my brothers Toyota pickup truck main wire harness twice a couple years ago. The first time, about 6" from the main connection on the engine side of the firewall. He was able to splice it back together, one wire at a time. Less than a month later, they ate through that same harness between his repair and the main connection. There wasn't enough wire length remaining to repair it a second time. He filed a claim with his insurance company and they replaced the harness.

·
Registered
426 Posts
An air rifle with 2 or 3 options of pellet shapes/weights works wonders on squirrels and chipmunks. Tossing them over the hill in my 'back 40' as food for the non invasive wildlife completes the cycle. We find the bird seed goes twice as far after you reduce the local squirrel and chipmunk population.

Squirrels and chipmunks ate through my brothers Toyota pickup truck main wire harness twice a couple years ago. The first time, about 6" from the main connection on the engine side of the firewall. He was able to splice it back together, one wire at a time. Less than a month later, they ate through that same harness between his repair and the main connection. There wasn't enough wire length remaining to repair it a second time. He filed a claim with his insurance company and they replaced the harness.
\

My truck they ate is a Toyota...wonder if the Japanese are stealthily getting back at us for Hiroshima by making the wiring a tasty treat for vermin? :)

·
Registered
4,091 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
Damn...that sux!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Simple...get a cat. Problem solved. I've never had a mouse in my home or garage.

When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

·
Premium Member
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I took one of the Polks out of the trunk and moved it to the front. I then replaced both trunk speakers with the original speakers. I don't general screw around with stereo stuff, so I ask of those who do: Will this screw anything up?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
No no no... Everyone knows its "Polk" 'er in the rear, liquor in the front.

G'day,

Vinish

1 - 17 of 17 Posts