Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for opinions. I am a 6'7" 310lb man. Trying to figure out what the best Victory Motorcycle would be? I have had a Kingpin '06 and a Vision '08. They're both nice, but they're so many more models. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
My wife is tall with a 38" inseam. She really enjoyed her Cross Roads. By far the best bike she has ever owned except her 48 panhead which she had for 28 years. The Cross Road actually fit her quite well. No need for highway pegs etc. Cross Country same set up but with a fairing.
The floor boards adjust for long legs, no need for additional accessories.

·
Premium Member
6,878 Posts
Looking for opinions. I am a 6'7" 310lb man. Trying to figure out what the best Victory Motorcycle would be? I have had a Kingpin '06 and a Vision '08. They're both nice, but they're so many more models. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Hi,

I have a Jackpot with 4" inch extensions, but there were 5" extensions

Also i had a CCT and there are 3 holes to set the floorboards in, the most forward ones are good for 6'4" and up

Sent from my CPH1937 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi,

I have a Jackpot with 4" inch extensions, but there were 5" extensions

Also i had a CCT and there are 3 holes to set the floorboards in, the most forward ones are good for 6'4" and up

Sent from my CPH1937 using Tapatalk

The floorboards do not move the shifter and brake controls move. I have mine in the forward position and love how stretched out my XCT is.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
you should find comfort in the ride of a CC

Reactions: Motorbikerx

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts
Yeah Victory Cross Country is the bike for you.
Even better if it's got cams , filter, pipes and tuned.

Reactions: CanuckRob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The floorboards do not move the shifter and brake controls move. I have mine in the forward position and love how stretched out my XCT is.
My Vision has the same 3 holes. Even at the most forward setting my legs still feel cramped, but I guess unless I want to pay Jesse James what Shaq paid him to build a custom, I will have to get used to it. Lol

Thank you for the help.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
3,146 Posts
There are seats that can shift you back a bit. Can't remember which of the generic aftermarket does that. Custom is also an option but gets expensive. Comfort is worth it in my book though. Of course that will make handlebars more of a stretch too if you move your riding position back.

I have seen cross country with highway pegs mounted on the bars outside of the hard lowers. You got to have crazy long legs to reach that but might not be an issue for you. Foot position in front of the floorboards. Don't think Vision has highway bars like that but I might be wrong.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I have a XCT with the highway pegs mentioned by IndyVictory and I can use them in two ways. I can rest my heels on the footbeds and the toes of my feet on the highway pegs (this is very comfortable) or I can put my entire foot on the pegs by placing the balls of my feet on them. I am not tall (5'-9.5") with a 32" inseam.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Its been quite a while that I've heard mention or even seen any threads about "Heel Blades". I think they are one of the best ideas that came out, but sadly, they went away for what ever reason.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
3,146 Posts
Only found one bad quality photo of those.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im 6'2 330 . I had honda 1300 vtx which are big. I recently got 2014 victory cross country i feel like its a Cadillac. I air up rear shock to spec in manual bikes completely stock I'm avg 46-49 mpg at 70mph highway riding . Definitely highway pegs add extra comfort plenty room for handlebar ,seat upgrades to make your ride perfect.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Cross Country with Hwy pegs!

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Any of the Cross bikes would fit you just fine. I'm 6'1" and most of the time wear a logging heal boot and I have more than enough leg room.

·
Registered
236 Posts
+1 on the Cross Bikes! I'm not overly tall, about 6'1", however the Cross Country Tour is hands down the most comfortable long distance tourer and has the most legroom of any bike I've ever owned.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am 6'4", 245. I ride a Vision and found it to be the best bike for tall or larger guys. Plenty of room to stretch out. I can move my feet all over the floor boards. I installed Gonzo pegs in front of the tip overs and that helped a lot in getting my to straighten my legs.
Dave P.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts