Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Team:

I want another Victory bad! I am totally in love with the Freedom 106 engine.

I have a 2013 Cross Contry and a 2008 HD Softail Rocker. I like the HD very much but the engine (Twin Cam 96) is not match for the XC.

I got both bikes from the same dealer and looking to get me a Gunner, Hammer, Jackpot or Vegas.

My dealer is selling a used 2012 Cross Roads with very low mileage (11,000) and I am really digging the style of the bike.

I still owe $5,000 on the HD that I am planning to pay next year with a company bonus but I really want another Victory ASAP.

The new bike will replace the HD and be my "solo" bike and bar hopper. I use the XC for touring and for going out of town with the GF. The HD is mostly my main daily commute bike. (I like to have two bikes because I don't drive cars and need backup transportation in case a bike is down). I always ride rain or shine.

What's the best way to trade the HD for the Victory?. or should I wait until I pay off the HD and sell it on my own and then buy a second Vic?

Here is the HD:

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NADA puts the rocker at 11,300 retail. Sell it for 10K, pay it off and put 5K down on the vic.

Don't wait! It may be too late! We may end up having a lesbie woman in the WH by then and America will sink into oblivion.
Now you scare me for good! :(

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
You lucky ....... I live at work. I miss the days of riding to work. Life is good and sounds like for you to. Oh the dilemmas. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
That Rocker is very cool looking ride :cool:...maybe you should cool your jets and ride it until its paid off. If you go for the Vic now its going to cost you more than if you wait. Plus you'll have to customize your new Vic which is even more money down the tubes.
Anything worth waiting for ...is worth waiting for.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Don't wait! It may be too late! We may end up having a lesbie woman in the WH by then and America will sink into oblivion.
Its already over, best to enjoy the **** out of what you already have....

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That Rocker is very cool looking ride :cool:...maybe you should cool your jets and ride it until its paid off. If you go for the Vic now its going to cost you more than if you wait. Plus you'll have to customize your new Vic which is even more money down the tubes.
Anything worth waiting for ...is worth waiting for.
I think you are right. Plus I already put around $1,000 of extras on the HD Rocker. (trick seat, digital Speedo/tach, FuelPak, tank lift kit, etc). I guess I will keep it for two years more and then go with a used Gunner or Hammer.

·
13,235 Posts
wait till the new models come out you might trade every thing

·
Registered
314 Posts
I will be the voice of no reason here. We all have a stop watch on us, we could keel over at any minute. I say sell what you don't really want anymore and buy what your heart desires. I've never seen a hurse with a luggage rack!

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
I will be the voice of no reason here. We all have a stop watch on us, we could keel over at any minute. I say sell what you don't really want anymore and buy what your heart desires. I've never seen a hurse with a luggage rack!
cheersthumb upthumb upthumb upthumb up

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
And I'll be the voice of reason......I have a problem with paying rent to someone for my toys. If I can't write a check for something that is not a necessity, then I put off that purchase until a time that I can. SubDude's thinking is one of the facets that got us into the crash of '08. Spend it all, mortgage your life and have nothing in reserve for emergencies or hard times. Even worse, nothing saved for retirement. 2/3 of those age 45 to 65 have less than $5,000 set aside for retirement.
Sure there are exceptions; workers who religiously have saved for retirement and take advantage of zero or very low interest loans. But there's still the risk of totaling the bike (or car) and still having to pay off the lender.
Some here are going to beat me up for what I wrote, but I practiced what I preach. I denied myself what I did not need and now I'm comfortably retired and can write those checks for the frivolities. OK, have at me--I'm your punching bag, but first there's this down payment thing we need to discuss.:D

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Ignore the the old guy :p and take this advice^^^.

I had two friends I grew up with that died in their 30's (one a car wreck, and one cancer). Both were the "Don't spend it now, save it for after you retire." Both funerals talked about how much they wanted to do in their life that was cut short. If I die tomorrow, they won't have time to talk about what I wanted to do because of all the stuff I've already done. He who dies with the most stories, wins cheers

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
If I die tomorrow, they won't have time to talk about what I wanted to do because of all the stuff I've already done. He who dies with the most stories, wins cheers
100% accurate.

My wife and I work hard for what we have. We want to enjoy it now while we can, not when were too old to do the fun stuff or remember any of it.

If you aren't fond of the HD any more, sell it outright. Should be able to get 10k for it. Put the 5K down on the Victory you want and get a low interest loan from a credit union for the remaining 5ish thousand. Just use the bonus money towards the Vic loan when you do get it.

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
OUCH! Sorry guys, I didn't realize I am too old to be enjoying life or remembering anything. My bad. So take the advice to piss it away on toys, concerts, booze and whatever else gives you pleasure for the moment. God forbid you should live past your adolescence.
The Old Guy

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
OUCH! Sorry guys, I didn't realize I am too old to be enjoying life or remembering anything. My bad. So take the advice to piss it away on toys, concerts, booze and whatever else gives you pleasure for the moment. God forbid you should live past your adolescence.
The Old Guy
:ltr::ltr::ltr: Go get'em Ric !

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
So take the advice to piss it away on toys, concerts, booze and whatever else gives you pleasure for the moment. God forbid you should live past your adolescence.
The Old Guy
I knew you would come around! cheers

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
I knew you would come around! cheers
I have to remind myself that those younger than middle age were born in an era of immediate gratification. :crzy:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts