Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone perform an upgrade on your headlamp WITHOUT changing the housing?
I'm wondering specifically about a daymaker headlamp.

I'm open to suggestions for direct replacement- PIAA, LED, etc. But I love the Daymakers...

Anyone have any suggestions?

Again- looking to KEEP the OEM bucket- not replace the housing.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Nice and bright- but your bucket is different than mine, and I've got the heated grip wiring in there now. I'm not sure about grinding and such.

... or is the Gunner headlamp bucket a Judge headlamp that's been repurposed?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Nice and bright- but your bucket is different than mine, and I've got the heated grip wiring in there now. I'm not sure about grinding and such.

... or is the Gunner headlamp bucket a Judge headlamp that's been repurposed?
Looks like the same exact parts list except for the bezel (156-Gunner vs. 626- Judge) I'm gonna stick my neck out and say that this is chrome vs. black.

Now- I don't know what's involved in the heated grips wiring. But assuming that there isn't some transformer the size of a pack of marlboros stuffed into that housing- this bulb will work a charm. The ballast is tiny. It's a terrific setup, and just ridiculously effective. If you go this route- get the LED replacement for that stupid minibulb at the bottom too. They come in twin packs- all I could find.

·
12,968 Posts
move the heated grip wires to under tank or side cover

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I recently swapped out my OEM bulbs for Ultra Stars. Not as bright as my HID was on the RSV, but very good.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've replace the stock halogen bulb for a LED. RAZIR Motorcycle LED Headlight Kit | HIDeXtra It is very bright and I like it. I only replaced the main bulb and not the parking bulb at the bottom of the bucket. Relatively cheap LED upgrade.

The site claims it will fit and is plug n play but I had to do some adjustments to get it to fit properly. Not exactly plug n play.

It's getting pretty crowded in the headlight bucket.

Recently I seen these Daymaker LED headlights.

I'd be interested if anyone as used these in a Gunner type headlight bucket.

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
Look at this ... How much are these lights at the VIC website ??

And this would fit ALL Vic's with this model headlights ? Like Jackpot etc ...

Victory Motorcycle LED Headlight Kit - High-intensity Cross Country LED headlights For 2010-2016 CROSS MODELS, 07-16 CRUISERS
http://s.aliexpress.com/EBJb6zma
(from AliExpress Android)

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I think almost $300

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
I think almost $300
So this is almost half price ... Does this fit all Vic's with that shape headlights ?

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
OK o I was off by $100 Its listed at $400 on victory site. Definatly looks to fit the cross country and magnum anyways.

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
OK o I was off by $100 Its listed at $400 on victory site.
OK 169 $ vz 399 $ .... Looks like it will fit ANY vic with that shape headlights ???

Looks like more and more vic stuff gets online for cheaper .... Just bought pegs ... Much cheaper then from the US ... And they are getting them also from China for sure ...

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
So fellas I keep coming back and looking this thing over. ARGH At the price it sure looks appealing. But it says 23 day shipping. So I poked the "shipping option" button. For like $11 bucks you can have it within about a week. So still @ $180 its over 2 times cheaper. Now there was an option if 3 or more a sold to same buyer the price went down to $152 ea.
So I guess need to find some threads on guys with the LED OEM type headlight and see what they think VS the halogen bulbs. A pair of the Ultra Star bulbs runs you about $50 a pair. They dont seem to last real long. My first low beam went about 6 weeks. So far the replacement for it has beat that so maybe a bum bulb. Thinking about putting the modulator back on the scoot being I am now running a regular type bulb vs the HID. Anybody know rite off have can you run the modulators on an LED?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts