Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled my grills out and realized I have the kicker premium speakers from factory in the bike already. Which will be better for use with RF 300 watt amp. The kicker premium or the Polk 522 I purchased? I got the polks bc they were recommended with amp and on the forums here.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Generally anything will sound better with an amp. Do the kickers run off an amp? If they do then you are probably fine running them. If there is no amp then I would just shelve the 522 and add amp to run the kickers until they die.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No amp. Just factory head unit. I picked up polks bc they are marine grade and I ride year round. Just didn't know if one was better than the other.

Generally anything will sound better with an amp. Do the kickers run off an amp? If they do then you are probably fine running them. If there is no amp then I would just shelve the 522 and add amp to run the kickers until they die.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Better is somewhat subjective. If they are a factory option they probably sound good. I just installed 522 in mine to replace the generic junk speakers (not kicker) because I'll probably add an amp later and it would blow the stocks. Sound is a little better even without an amp.
You would need to find the model number to compare the kickers to the 522 specs.
If they sound fine no harm keeping the 522 for backup.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ended up comparing the two on radio only. The Polk 522 has a much larger magnent than the kicker. Added poly fill and sound mat I'm speaker cups. Polks sound much clearer on radio alone. I expect the amp to really make them shine.

Better is somewhat subjective. If they are a factory option they probably sound good. I just installed 522 in mine to replace the generic junk speakers (not kicker) because I'll probably add an amp later and it would blow the stocks. Sound is a little better even without an amp.
You would need to find the model number to compare the kickers to the 522 specs.
If they sound fine no harm keeping the 522 for backup.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
My Polk up front sound great but lack bass of course. I kept the old speakers not sure why the rear trunk sounds so bad. Muffled. I'll have to dig into it later but it gives me fake bass that the front is lacking.

If you do the amp post pics I'm curious how that mount works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts