Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the Mustang Wide Vintage Solo seat for my 2010 Kingpin, what a difference over stock Vic seat, better back support and very comfortable, did a 300 mile ride over the weekend and could have gone all day with ease. I fit like a glove and raised me up just slightly, my feat still touch ground just fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
That's awesome, I am looking forward to getting the same seat. Did you get it from mustang direct or somewhere else?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I finally got the Mustang Wide Vintage Solo seat for my 2010 Kingpin, what a difference over stock Vic seat, better back support and very comfortable, did a 300 mile ride over the weekend and could have gone all day with ease. I fit like a glove and raised me up just slightly, my feat still touch ground just fine.
Glad you like your new seat. I'll add a word of warning though that Mustangs are notoriously wide by design AS WELL AS being higher than normal. So you give up an inch or so of height, plus another few inches at your thighs. You should mention how tall you are and your inseam size if you want to recommend this seat. I would expect it to make a difference of several inches versus the stock seat. I doubt that it's 'just an inch' in difference as far as putting your feet down while seated. It would be just an inch when you slide forward while at rest and get around the wider seat pan. Taller riders won't notice it, and some people don't mind. But it's worth mentioning for anyone considering the switch.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mustang Solo Seat Fit

I understand completely and that was one of my main concerns but after reading other reviews I went for it and never regretted. I am 5'8" with 30" inseam. Yes the seat is much wider that OE and lits you up and back a bit but I find it quite comfortable, the wider seat pan work fine for me.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Wow. Looks great on there too. Can't beat that. Thanks for the review and pic!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Skooter,

Do you have more pics of the seat? Maybe a little clearer and different angles? If not its cool, just wondering.

:)

·
Registered
931 Posts
looks good, wonder if it works with stock bitch pad. I had a mustang on my Royal Star is was a great seat but, raised me up a bit. Does it move you back any?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
stock pillion seat will not fit with the mustang solo seat and yes it does seat ya back just a little bit

·
Registered
9 Posts
2012 8 ball

Looking at the link to Mustang seat it goes up to 2010. Would it fit my 2012? Also planning on the 2" kit for the pegs/controls to move them forward. Find myself sitting on the lip of rear fender with stock seat. I'm 6' with 32" inseam.thumb up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts