Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running them I had bias E3's on a 08 Venture nd theft wore like iron unlike the radials. Just asking I'm new to the radial tire. Thanks

·
13,031 Posts
Radials give you a smoother ride last longer and stop better.
You might not like the E3's so change to a diffrent brand.
They put radials on the bike cause there a better tire for your bike

·
Registered
141 Posts
This is the first bike that I have had E3's on and I'm not impressed with them. They are unpredictable the rear sliding out in corners and locking up way to easy when braking. I will leave them on till they are wore out but will not put them back on. On the Wing forum we call them concrete tires. I've ran Avon's and Bridgestone's on my wings and liked both very much. I'm new to Victory's only have 4000 miles on my 2012 XCT. I like the Vic. as I can feel every thing it is doing. I'm still out on ABS like it some times, hate it some times.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
When I read Ricksters post I thought I had posted on this topic and forgotten. I too have an 08 Venture and get great mileage out of the E3 bias tires. The XCT on E3 radials has been a major disappointment.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Well what about slapping radials on a bike that came with bias tires, like the pin?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
784 Posts
My Goldwing was the first MC I ever had radials on. I am on the XCT now. I have yet to find any advantage in radials, just cost more. I'm sure the marketing is saying this, but I ain't seeing or feeling it.
Radials have a slightly different seat than bias ply. I don't know if they will work properly with the rims.

YMMV

·
Registered
110 Posts
My Goldwing was the first MC I ever had radials on. I am on the XCT now. I have yet to find any advantage in radials, just cost more. I'm sure the marketing is saying this, but I ain't seeing or feeling it.
Radials have a slightly different seat than bias ply. I don't know if they will work properly with the rims.

YMMV
I agree, except that there will be little difference in mounting surfaces between the the bias ply and radial tires of the same size. For all intents and purposes, they are interchangeable on the same rim.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts