Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
I've been running a 117 for two seasons. It continues to collapse a lifter in the 4500-5000 range when I lay into it hard on the front cylinder. I was told that the oil is foaming and not pumping to the front cylinder. It was suggested that I switch to Vic oil and only use 4 quarts, which did not resolve it...anyone have experience with this? Only happens on the front cylinder, I'm thinking I about changing out the lifters/rocker assembly's....

Thoughts??

Premium Member
who told you that??
My 100 is now 109 plus cams, torquetubes and RPW Pipes , dynotuned she runs hard all the way to the raised limiter if I take it there.
peak HP is at 5900rpm so dragstrip thats my shift point.
Just cammed my 106 XC and it pulls strong to 6000rpm quite rapidly, not had her to the dragstrip yet but wont be surprised if shes as quick as the Vegas [email protected], maybe even quicker!馃槇
Take your bike to one of our experts if in doubt.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #3
One of the experts is who I've been working with. He's one of the "big three", and frankly has been spot on thus far; with this exception. I'm running the revolution 117, torque tubes, ported heads...it runs real strong, just drops that dang lifter after a HARD run. Ride it easy or let it cool, and the lifter comes back....

Premium Member
One of the experts is who I've been working with. He's one of the "big three", and frankly has been spot on thus far; with this exception. I'm running the revolution 117, torque tubes, ported heads...it runs real strong, just drops that dang lifter after a HARD run. Ride it easy or let it cool, and the lifter comes back....
The Victory engine doesn't have lifters... the lash adjusters are built into the rocker arms. You could always replace the rockers and find out...

I've been running big bores since 2008... 104, 110, and now 116... never heard of such a thing. Foaming oil... collapsing non-existent lifters... I don't know, man... My **** revs to 6800 rpm.

I did have a similar running issue once. If you have the bike running and touch the bike's chassis and a good ground at the same time (in my case a dyno) and it shocks the dogshit out of you... there's your issue. The coils are leaking voltage to the frame. Put a block of rubber between the coils and the frame and it's all good again. Or you could be a sissy and check it with a volt meter...:grin

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #5
HC I was hoping you would respond, as I know you have alot of experience with big bore applications. I was using the term "lifters" generically as they don't lift anything....but are hydraulic. Usually into the triple digits when it happens soooo, I dont know exactly what my rpms are, but I speculate they are 5000 to 6000 judging by ear. Let's just say it only happens when it is wound up pretty tight.......

If you recall last year, I had a piston and valve contact and wonder if it didn't damage the lash adjuster....I have another "spare" set of take off rockers I can try, just need to clearance them...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts