Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bet that got your attention - I have just installed a set of Arlen Ness Big Honker mufflers to my 2010 Cross Country - the price was right and the install was easy (they came with new clamps) your existing heat sheilds and end tips go back on. They replaced stage 1 mufflers and no re mapping required.
They produce the sound I was looking for -low rumble at idle and nice and throaty when throttle on.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll try and get footage this weekend - no point in stills as the look of the pipes has not changed

·
Registered
472 Posts
I also have the big honkers on my xr. I love em! Real throaty sound, but it said in the papers with the mufflers they strongly suggest using their fuel controller. I got the mufflers from cruisercustomizing.com they are in northern California.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OzDave - bought them from USA - cruisercustomizing.com - $540 including shipping - I paid about $85 shipping and got them delivered in less than a week - only had one ride with them on because of all the rain up here in QLD but very happy with them

·
Registered
472 Posts
Ozzyvic I used the ness big shot 18-623 controller. I got it from phatperformanceparts.com. It's funny that you got your mufflers quicker than I did! I ordered mine before they actually had them in stock I guess. Everyone that has ridden with me since they've been on, loves the sound. As do I!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bfp - mmm now you got me thinking I need one of those fuel contollers -I might have to look into it after xmas when I'm flush again - it looks like phatperformance doesn't ship to Aussie so I'll need to search for another supplier - apart from that I'm not getting much popping etc - the guys I ride with (HDs with V&H pipes) also agree they sound good

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
I have the Big Honkers, performance filter with strip removed, unplugged O2 sensors and the ECU has been flashed but I still get backfiring when shifting. Is a fuel controller my only option here? Shouldn't the ECU reprogramming have fixed this problem?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts