Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am proud to say that it looks like I will be eating my words regarding the repair of my bike and the apparent timelines I was getting.

The GM- James Risley, and Brian @Ma Vic pulled together to yank a regulator right off the factory line and overnight it to the dealer. This is all supposed to be set in motion Wed.,so fingers crossed. They also want a new battery installed. According to Brian- that was already ordered by the Service manager Howard with no mention of supply issues. This means that both items should be in place pretty quick. Certainly no reason to think I would be bike- less on my deadline of Thursday the 19th. (Road trip- already and irreversibly paid for)

The GM didn’t bring up taking the part from another bike- understandable since Vic has reacted quickly & is promising to deliver the parts in very short order. I do think if Vic failed us- he would do it. (Being the “right thing” and all.) I did this a few times in my 16 year previous life at a big Toyota dealership. I surely didn’t want to disable another piece of salable inventory, but the guy that just bought that rare, one- off new car with a problem had to be the priority.

Victory has been one letdown after another with respect to accessories I have ordered. They took all of the fall and winter to cough up a set of backrest spools. Blew through about 7 backorder ETA’s on the way.. They eventually made it right- gave me a gift card for the amount. I used that card to order a variety of minor items. Warm gloves, a few trinkets and a couple of Tshirts- still haven’t gotten them. :p I don’t give anyone any **** about missing T shirts- but stuff like this is telling to me.

All that was just accessories- annoying as hell, but nothing compared to what happened to me the other day. Y’all can imagine how fumed I was when the parts guy confirmed “backordered” on a life or death part. Here we go again.

So- I will now proceed to eat it. Good job to all thus far. I feel pretty good about it all. It looks like I will be back in the saddle pretty quick. I’ll keep you posted on the events.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I left a message for the Victory rep this AM trying to get confirmation that the regulator shipped to the dealer.. About 15 minutes later I got a Vm from the dealer saying my bike was ready. Damn. I gotta hand it to them.....

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
I am proud to say that it looks like I will be eating my words...
Good. Let's see some pictures - not of the regulator, but of you eating your words!. cheers

·
Registered
144 Posts
Kudos

Sounds like they're doing what they SHOULD do.

Don't "eat" anything until you GET your bike.

If you've gotten it back, update us...AND...your "Dead Bike" thread!

I was all ready to start a "call in" campaign...but, a "Great Job", email campaign to a great dealer can be done as well! thumb up

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whoop! I am back in the saddle. Last couple days a whirlwind- with some work related stuff mixed in. So from the breakdown to the ready call... Not quite 7 days including a weekend. So realistically- this past Monday to Thursday AM.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Must be nice. I had a headlight issue and it took my dealer 11 days to fix it. Feeding a line of chit all the way through the 11 days. Needless to say I will find a different dealer.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
608 Posts
I left a message for the Victory rep this AM trying to get confirmation that the regulator shipped to the dealer.. About 15 minutes later I got a Vm from the dealer saying my bike was ready. Damn. I gotta hand it to them.....
It's about time they got there thumb out of there ass.

How can we get through to these guys that this is the type of story that sells bikes.
This will sell more bikes than ads on TV...

The word of mouth is very powerful advertising.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts