Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, finally got her home. I love taking pics of new places I find a long the way so i figured I'd start my own thread so as to not crap up several.

So here she is "Big Lu"

Oh Canada we stand on guard for thee...timmies snow and bikes...

Not a bad place for a coffee after the first ride.

Words can't express how happy i am with her. Going to be a great season!

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Nice! She's a beaut!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,

It's not ideal weather. I plan on taking her day by day for a few weeks. Need a good hard rain to wash away the snow banks before i count on having her in the morning for the daily commute. By the end of my ride today the weather turned. Beautiful when the suns out, but not so much when it isnt. Windy today too. So i jagged her in. All hosed off and patted dry and tucked away until...tomorrow? Maybe, never can tell east coast Canada. It can be t-shirt weather for weeks then mother nature hits yo with a random foot of snow in April.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just for perspective...

This was my ride for the past 5 years. She was my first actually. So needless to say the switch to Victory is a huuuuge one. But i've done my homework. Been shopping around for 2 seasons now. Always loved the look of the Vegas 8ball. Then my buddy bought one at the start of last years season and after spending time with the brand i totally fell in love...then in walked the judge...as of one day; no regrets!

Got to admit. Coming off the KLR 650 and going to that 106 was intimidating to even think about. I was looking hard at the Vulcan 900s, My mind wandered to the honda interstates, took a liking to my buddy's boulevard for a brief time. I even had my eye on a nightster 1200. But i was like...nightster is 1200...whats 500 or so more? So we have 650-1730 lol. But I'm no hotdog. I take er nice and easy. Promise thumb up

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Got to take you at your word about not being a hotdog Big BK.

I will say this though, clearly you are a piece of work.

Congrats. I envy the place you are in with your new baby. I hardly remember the last bike that got me all tuned up like that.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HAHA Ya piece of work indeed. Think the Mrs. would tend to agree. I had a good spill my first season. Low speed, gravel, turn, stop sign, fake elbow. That was 2006. I wasn't hot doggining then just a beginner mistake on an October morning. I can ensure you i learned a big lesson that day. I watched my Dad lower a few buddies over the years too. I grew up with a good respect for the machines. I joke around on the interwebs a bunch but when I'm on my bike I'm all business. Too many idiots on the road these days. Really have no ambition to be one of them.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Nice!! I guess you did indeed have a great ride home. Good luck.. I can see a Big BK on the side number plate. :)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
It was indeed Blue. It's a beautiful out today. I awoke to bright sunshine...then i walked outside. C-c-c-cold today. So i just stood in the garage and stared at her instead. lol

As for the number plate...I have a plan for them. Should come to fruition in the upcoming weeks. I'll keep you posted up in here.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Rode mine today. Was wonderful, two up and enjoying the weather. Still a little cold for the OL. Did about 60 miles of back roads in 2 hours. Not a lot of miles but a lot of riding. Had some chicken tortilla soup to warm us up near the end. Learned the spring preload is soft for two up riding. Adjusted that up a couple turns, see if it is enough.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome. Thanks for the tip, I'll be conscious of it. I probably put about 75km on her yesterday. That's like i dunno 50 miles-ish. Next week is supposed to be nice so I'm hoping more soon. What colour did you get?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Sunset Red. Yeah can't wait to go back out tomorrow for a ride. Check the suspension settings and see how it did. I think for solo I am probably close but too soft for two up. I need a jack or a lift to take some tension off the spring to adjust anymore. May just have the dealer do it at the 500 mile mark.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
A bit chilly today but hard rain yesterday washed away most of the salt...couldn't resist the long way round to a cup of coffee...

this is the same river i posted in the last couple pics

Bath time!

Not quite ready for a swim

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Like the looks of the Judges, but think the exhaust is terrible in regards to the rest of the bike. It'd be the first that thing was replaced if I were to ever own one.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There are cooler exhausts out there...but even if i dropped the coin to change it in 6 months something else will catch my eye anyway. I plan on getting my monies worth from the stock exhaust. The big black cans aren't really an eyesore and I've actually been complimented on them.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm a freaking idiot.

So I was trying to get my judge up the ramp into the shed, lost my footing and she took a big hard lean...managed to keep her from falling but my brake lever caught the door frame. It wasn't hard and i didn't even notice right away but i clipped the ball of the lever right off. I was like wtf? Then i looked on the clutch side and it appears to have a break away zone. Who knew? lol I inspected the assembly everything is fine. Looks like i just hit the sweet spot at just the right angle to make it pop right off...what a dummy.

So ya, awesome...had to order a new lever....$115! Thought that was a bit high for an OEM lever but I'm going to pay it. Can't have people Judging me!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts