Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know if there is a higher amperage alternator available for a V92C? Perhaps the TC alternator is bigger, since it has more accessories to power? Or is the stock one big enough to handle extra driving lights and HID bulbs?

Thanks.

·
Registered
361 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I could be wrong (happend before) but I understood that the Clasic Cruiser or TC models with the Freedom V92 starting in 03 both had the same alternator at 38amps. Just checked my owners manual and it says both handle 38amps but that wont be the first time to find documentation in error on something. I know another SC rider just added aux lights to his ride and didnt have any issues. I really don't think you have anything to worry about since you have an 03.

Tim

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
My mistake I thought you were asking about an older V92C-should've read a little better. You'll be fine
Im curious BN2it, do you know what the 02 V92 had in it. was it still the older 28amp from the Hammer V92 or was the 38amp as in the Freedom V92s? Info I will probally never use but... wac

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'm just shootin' from the hip (been doin' a lot of lately) but I believe the step up to the 38 amp alternator came with the Freedom engine in '02.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts