Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Monaco wheels and the 90/90-21 front tire. I went to go wider up front? Anyone done it? What did you use?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
fatter tire

Go to the smaller front wheel. I know lots like the look of the 21", but you get more rubber on the ground with the smaller front wheel, there is also more choices of tires. If you can not find a fatter 21" front tire maybe somebody on this site might trade staight across. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
lu​
I have Monaco wheels and the 90/90-21 front tire. I went to go wider up front? Anyone done it? What did you use?
Couple of questions JR, what bike you got and whats a Monaco wheel just out of interest have you got a pic?
My Vegas has a 90 90 21 front tyre on a Stingray wheel.
Ive purchased an XC. Front wheel, same as. Hammer töo I think, measured everything and trial fitted when I serviced my forks last time....it fits....fender dont clear tyre it needs to be raised half inch or more to clear but looks a bit silly.
Thinx I need a Highball fender or similar to match both wheel and forks but they run a 16" so maybe itd need raising.
Bits n pieces aren't plentiful in OZ so experimentation is difficult. Ive got a biggish outback trip on the horizon and would like to mount it for that as cornering clearance aint an issue once on gunbarrel straight roads, just hanging on is:)

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Nice

Nice looking tyre. I run the Avons on my XRs been very happy with them. That is a good looking tyre/tire and out to put mo rubber on the ground for you. You might have to move the fender up possibly so check it real good for clearance before you ride it after mounting it if you go that that larger Avon 21" tyre.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Not too hard finding tires but is your wheel wide enough?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Go to the smaller front wheel. I know lots like the look of the 21", but you get more rubber on the ground with the smaller front wheel, there is also more choices of tires. If you can not find a fatter 21" front tire maybe somebody on this site might trade staight across. Good luck.
Not the look I'm looking for. Works on the Hammer but not on the JP.

lu​

Couple of questions JR, what bike you got and whats a Monaco wheel just out of interest have you got a pic?
My Vegas has a 90 90 21 front tyre on a Stingray wheel.
Ive purchased an XC. Front wheel, same as. Hammer töo I think, measured everything and trial fitted when I serviced my forks last time....it fits....fender dont clear tyre it needs to be raised half inch or more to clear but looks a bit silly.
Thinx I need a Highball fender or similar to match both wheel and forks but they run a 16" so maybe itd need raising.
Bits n pieces aren't plentiful in OZ so experimentation is difficult. Ive got a biggish outback trip on the horizon and would like to mount it for that as cornering clearance aint an issue once on gunbarrel straight roads, just hanging on is:)
The bike is a JP and the Monaco wheel was an option back in '06. Nothing special.

Not too hard finding tires but is your wheel wide enough?
That's what I'm looking for. A wider wheel and tire in the 21" that will fit the JP. If a mod needs doing, such as the fender, that's fine. I'd even go to a spoked wheel.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dig the look the Harley Breakout has. They placed a 130/60B21 63H on it. With the large rear tire, it makes the bike look great.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
magnum front has a 130 21 the wheel might fit

1 - 11 of 11 Posts