Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question.... is there a step by step guide as to going about making the rear tyer bigger....just curious as to what needs to be done, rough cost and recommendations...any help would be much appreciated...
I also understand that this has been talked about before but trying to sift through all the noncense in the other topics is
ridiculous...
A one stop guide would be great if it can be done....

·
Premium Member
8,711 Posts
Easiest way to go to a big wide rear wheel and tyre is buy a Hammer or Jackpot and then modify that bike to suit your tastes and power hunger.
Most of the other ancilliaries being Vegas platform basically can be changed to get the look youre after, be it Highball Judge Boardwalk, Kingpin or Vegas.
Initial choice of Hammer or Jackpot will also lock in your frontend preference., be it USD or conv. forks, single or twin discs, and tall skinny or fat front wheel.
Id guess a good starting point being a Hammer or Hammer S
would be a good place to start.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks but not changing my bike....all I want is a guide for changing the rear tyre of my highball to a wider one...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Buy a 160 and slap it on......done!

Otherwise, details would help......how wide, existing rim, new rim, existing swing arm, new swing arm, sub frame mods, etc. etc.

If you don't know those answers, I'd call Conquest Customs.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Hi mate, just search on here for Highball 200. Plenty of posts about it. I personally would re-lace a 5.5 inch rim and put a 180 on it. A 200 needs a 6 inch rim.

Any bigger and you lose the white walls.

I hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts