Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really upset ! A friend of mine rides an older Harley (lots of Vibes). Shifter peg fell off, and he stopped to look for it. I turn around to check on him, and park my KP along the berm. While looking, a large Semi truck SCREAMS by, and the gust of wind, literally knocks my KP over !!! :mad::mad::mad: Damage was a SMASHED head light bucket, scuffed(heavily) mirror, and scuffed bag. So..... I guess I will be upgrading to the Vegas style headlight sooner than I planed. Really upset me though.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Big time bummer, friend. I'm sorry that had to happen. They say no good deed goes unpunished. An H-D rider I know had his shifter fall off recently too. Had to get home in 5th gear. Didn't do his clutch much good. Word to H-D riders; carry a spare shifter or buy a Victory and don't worry about that.

If you have comp. insurance, talk to your agent, that might be covered.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Don't blame the trucker. He's over 70 feet & 80,000 pounds of moving mass, it displaces alot of air. I'm sure that you didn't hear a maniacal laugh as he went by. The shoulder of the road isn't a safe place to stop. Most of us will grab the other lane, if possible, when a vehicle is on the shoulder.
We're just out here trying to make a living, not make life uncomfortable for the motoring public.

·
Registered
357 Posts
A good set of vise grips would have gotten him home.

Why do Harleys have so much chrome?

The parts are easier to find when they fall off.cheers

·
Administrator
5,977 Posts
Sorry to hear about your mishap. The silver lining in your story is that the bike fell without you on it. Bike's just metal and metal's cheap. Replace the damaged parts, laugh it off, and enjoy many more miles! Ride (and park) safe!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
What CrossRoads said!

It sucks that it happened and that you picked up some damage but it's much better that you were off the bike then on it when it flopped.

BTW I don't think this qualifies you for a membership in the TOC...

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't blame the trucker. He's over 70 feet & 80,000 pounds of moving mass, it displaces alot of air. I'm sure that you didn't hear a maniacal laugh as he went by. The shoulder of the road isn't a safe place to stop. Most of us will grab the other lane, if possible, when a vehicle is on the shoulder.
We're just out here trying to make a living, not make life uncomfortable for the motoring public.
I don't blame anyone but me. I knew better, but didn't act like it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I feel your pain... I was pulling the gas tank on my Vegas today and managed to drop it on the garage floor.... so sad. It's already at the painters.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Sux that happened to your bike.

As far as the HD shifter.... 2 words.... LOC TITE......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts