Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a light-weight waterproof cover that doesn't require a lot of space to carry on the bike. I have a Dowco cover I used on the Valkyrie, but the XCT is a little longer . . . and with the trunk. Any recommendations for a bike cover for the XCT?

·
Registered
12,296 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
If you are looking for a bike cover when you are TRAVELING...I've tried all the ones mentioned above...ALL OF THEM!! And I still keep going back to the UltraGuard Half Cover which really covers almost ALL OF THE BIKE...but definitely keeps the cockpit, bags, seat and trunk all dry. It folds up very nicely...even smaller than the EZ Touring Covers (which I was disappointed in). And it's inexpensive. They hold very well....on 2 bikes in 8 years I have only bought 2 (and this one is only 2 years old and still looks great. Here's a link to the UltraGuard on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/UltraGard-4-458BK-Black-Touring-Motorcycle/dp/B009D33EDK/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1452388143&sr=1-2-fkmr1&keywords=ultraguard+motorcycle+half+cover

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Arkie (and RicZ) . . . that is the kind of testimonial I was looking for.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
I like that my EZ Tour is a full cover without any bells and whistles so it rolls up in a very small package. It has never marred the windshield and by the time I get to covering my bike, the pipes are cool. So if you want to go for a full one that takes very little room in a case, this one will work for ya. Or the half UltraGuard if that suits you.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I half the Ultra Guard Half Cover as well. I really like it. Packs up small, covers the important part of the bike and lets people know they shouldn't be poking around. Another great feature is that you can get to a hotel or campsite late at night and still put this on while the bike is hot. Try that with a full cover. While it is not considered water proof, it is plenty water resistant. My bike sat in pouring driving rain for a whole day in Bar Harbor this summer. I have a sheepskin cover on my seat and it stayed pretty dry. It is water resistant enough that most rain rolled off.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I have a Dowco XL cover. I dont remember model but it has a felt piece where the windshield is. I bet I have had it 4 years or more and it had been used at the airport for 3-5 days a week while I flew out for work. Florida sun is rough on things and it is still in good shape. I got it from JAFRUM

·
Registered
418 Posts
I don't remember the exact brand but I keep a 1/2 cover on the bike to cover front/trunk/seat. It is a goldwing cover that I use backwards and it covers 3/4 of the bike other than the bags, packs very small and compact. I got it off a post I saw here or on another forum.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After much deliberation . . . I've opted for the half-cover (Traveller XT) from E-Z Touring.

Products | E-Z Touring Motorcycle Covers

Just a little something to keep the ocean air evening dew off the seats and electrical components while parked for the night when out and about. I'll keep ya posted.

Thanks all for your input.

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
When you receive the cover then this deserves a picture, so many friends have written good reviews on this thread.... I got the Victory cover but it's is very big and heavy.... So no point for your use of purchase...

I enjoyed reading this

Andre
TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Hey Sheets! That cover will roll up so tiny, you'll lose it in your case. :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Received my bike cover. Traveler XT half-cover. I have a small Kuryakyn bag I leave attached to the trunk rack. The cover easily covers the bike with the small bag attached to the trunk. Good enough to keep the ocean air dew off the bike along with prying eyes. Appears to be quite durable rip-stop fabric - used to make parachutes. Lightweight and packs in a small bag that doesn't take up much precious cargo space. Without the additional bag on trunk the cover would go down over the hard bags. I think its a keeper. The other scoot is my utility rig for buzzing around town to the Post Office, hardware store and beer run.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts