Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the XC be lifted using a standard motorcycle lift? Because of the type of frame used, am not sure if this is ok or not.

Thanks in advance for any replies..

latts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I asked my dealer that before I bought mine, he said its not a problem.
I have lifted mine quite a few times since new. There are two things I have found out that our issues with mine.

1: Because the bottom is not flat it will rock slightly side to side.

When this happened the first time I sat her back down right away.
Then lifted her just inches off the ground and rock it side to side, just to make sure she wouldnt tip over before I got straps on her.

2: Becuase of my trunk and no frame, there is not much movement room front to back for the jack as there was on my VTX. To lift her up balanced I have to put a 1x4 on my lift in the back. A side bonus of this, it also took out most of the rocking motion.

It doesn't matter how many times I have lifted any of my bikes my blood pressure always goes up whenever its time to put them back on the ground.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I use 1 on my 2011 xc. I put 1 side under the engine and the other on the bottom of the floorboard/peg. They have a flat spot under them. Like BigRedXerII said:
there is not much movement room front to back for the jack
I use a cylinder jack to help balance, the rear is bottom heavy. I have no movement side to side though. Pretty solid. Guess it depends on the jack lift.

dd

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
Can the XC be lifted using a standard motorcycle lift? Because of the type of frame used, am not sure if this is ok or not. Thanks in advance for any replies..latts
See pix of my spacer that makes the bike rock solid on the lift. The critical dimension is 1" from bottom of radius to bottom of spacer. I hold it in place on the bottom of the left passenger peg support with a rubber band. The lift can not be at right angles to the bike, the handle end must be at a slight angle to the rear to clear the side stand. Once you have the sweet spot, mark the lift arms with tape to make the next times easier.

Also, if you place a piece of 2 X 4 under the side stand, the bike is more vertical and lifting won't be so traumatic.

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
Can the XC be lifted using a standard motorcycle lift? Because of the type of frame used, am not sure if this is ok or not.

Thanks in advance for any replies..

latts
Yes. The motor is a stress member of the bike just like any other Victory. If you look at all the other models you will note that the Victory motor comes down past all frames.

They all can be jacked up using the motor. just say clear of the drain plug if you are using it to change the oil thumb up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts