Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just high sided my 09 King Pin. :mad: Dam decreasing radius turns just could not get it to finish the turn before jumping the curb and going down. Besides a bit of road rash I am fine. but the bike is a different story (pictures to fallow). The tank is a goner in fact its punctured, the Handlebars are salvageable but my clutch side controls area also shot. speed-o, mirrors, and one floor board should round out the repairs. The question is how hard would it be to fix her up with Ebay parts and the tools in my garage?? :confused:.

·
Registered
659 Posts
The list of repairs you have given should be fairly straight forward. But you will probably find other things that are damaged as well.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
545 Posts
Take pictures for future reference as you go and just do it... years ago I was in a position to either repair my own bike or have the dealer fix it... I am sure glad that I decided to just do it. It was not only fulfilling in a sense of accomplishment way, but brought me closer to my bikes from then on... just knowing that no matter what, I could fix it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks for the encouragement and advice. Ill keep an eye out for other problems, and get it safety checked buy a dealer before I do any serous riding. Hear are a few pictures Sorry about the bad quality.

·
13,033 Posts
to bad your one of thoses guys that never add where you live. :(
there is a new black tank not far from me for a cheap price.
there might be a crack in your tripple tree or even a bent fork.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live in San Diego CA, If the price is right 40 in shipping would be worth it. Good point though I will update my account.

How would I check for a crack in the tree or bent fork?

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I'd be more worried about a bent frame. That's pretty much game over.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts