Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, hoping you can provide some assistance as this is the first problem I have encountered with my Vic.

2014 Highball, just went over 18k miles today. Went on an Amvets charity ride today, about 140 miles round trip. Stopped at last watering hole for about an hour. Bike was cold when I left for the 3 mile ride home. Pulling up my street in first gear, I blipped the throttle before pulling into my driveway. As soon as I blipped, I heard a slight pop and the bike shut off. Put it into neutral and coasted into driveway. Tried to start bike and nothing. Sounds like the starter is just spinning freely, not engaging the engine.

thoughts? Appreciate any ideas on what might be the culprit.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
3,756 Posts
Sprang?

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
3,756 Posts
Sprang bearing messed up will spin without engaging motor. Just an idea, not sure how you killed the motor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, hoping you can provide some assistance as this is the first problem I have encountered with my Vic.

2014 Highball, just went over 18k miles today. Went on an Amvets charity ride today, about 140 miles round trip. Stopped at last watering hole for about an hour. Bike was cold when I left for the 3 mile ride home. Pulling up my street in first gear, I blipped the throttle before pulling into my driveway. As soon as I blipped, I heard a slight pop and the bike shut off. Put it into neutral and coasted into driveway. Tried to start bike and nothing. Sounds like the starter is just spinning freely, not engaging the engine.

thoughts? Appreciate any ideas on what might be the culprit.
check fuel pursuer first then spark or vice versus, I bought a 92 and it sat for lot of time sounds like your bike has sat for long periods mine pump was rusted worked great then bam i was not near my drive lol good luck id start there

·
Administrator
2,676 Posts
What is a fuel "pursuer"?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
check fuel pursuer first then spark or vice versus, I bought a 92 and it sat for lot of time sounds like your bike has sat for long periods mine pump was rusted worked great then bam i was not near my drive lol good luck id start there
Bike hasn’t sat for long periods. Probably 200 miles a month since early spring.

Ran normal entire day during poker run and then quit as I was driving up my street. Has 3/4 tank of fuel. No way to check for spark as the starter is not engaging the engine to crank over.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts