Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Love the quote from the article that says, "Because every Victory Motorcycle delivers industry-leading power, braking, and handling, VPM does not need to make any performance or handling modifications to the motorcycles it provides to law enforcement agencies."

·
Premium Member
731 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
I'd be curious as to what the "landed" price is on a VPM compared to Harley Davidson. My guess is that the savings to the city is going to be substantial.

·
Registered
234 Posts
114 cu inches...wahoo! Some happy officers for sure. Can you imagine when LLoyds, Kyle get a hold of one of these motors...wondering how much hp and torque they will produce.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Love the quote from the article that says, "Because every Victory Motorcycle delivers industry-leading power, braking, and handling, VPM does not need to make any performance or handling modifications to the motorcycles it provides to law enforcement agencies."
Wondering how many of the HD owner police officers will make the switch after driving these Vics.

·
Registered
580 Posts
“Every other year our agency ordered new motorcycles, and we were at the mercy of whatever new advances were made to the bike itself, which usually wasn’t much,” said highly decorated DBPD Traffic Unit Officer Jason Kilker.

OUCH!:ltr:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd be curious as to what the "landed" price is on a VPM compared to Harley Davidson. My guess is that the savings to the city is going to be substantial.
Rossmeyer used to lease them at $1 each per year. That may have changed since his death.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Interesting. I do have a question though. Tyler PD runs Victory now, and they are all badged as 106. I wonder if all the Vic police bikes are from VPM. Evidently not, or the package the local PD has just kept the 106 cheese wedge to lower the questions.

I guess a PD package can come in all flavors, however the Vic is a much nicer handling machine. BTW, the police in Tyler seem to like them a lot.

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
as Bob Dylan said "the times they are a changin"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts