Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the PCV and AT last night and wrapped things up this morning and my 2013 XR won't start . It seems like its getting fire and sputtered a couple of times. Any ideas on what is going on? :mad:

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
is the pcv powering up when you turn the key on? just helped a guy with this, his tank ground wasnt good and the pcv wouldnt turn on. just a thought. i grounded mine to an open bolt just at the front of the left side cover,, had to put a different ring on the wire for the larger bolt

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
A few months ago I took my tank off to install a Lloydz air filter. When I put everything back together, my bike would turn over but not start. After much cussing and almost killing the battery, I discovered that I never put the ground wire back on from my fuel controller.

Check all of your connections! :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I grounded to the fuel tank since there was a good ground established. The unit is powering up but I'm also having trouble with the software. It appears that I don't have an APP to run the PCV on my MAC.
Anybody have a solution for that

·
Registered
66 Posts
I grounded to the fuel tank since there was a good ground established. The unit is powering up but I'm also having trouble with the software. It appears that I don't have an APP to run the PCV on my MAC.
Anybody have a solution for that
I speak from experience, that tank ground is a bad idea for the PCV and AT. Mine ran, until I got about 5 miles from home.

I relocated the PCV and AT ground down to the primary case, there is a bolt you can remove that already has something grounded to it. I actually ran a larger gauge copper wire up from this location and then attached my PCV and AT grounds to it under the seat.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will relocate the ground to the primary. Thanks for the heads up. Driving the truck to work this afternoon, tinker some more when i get home at midnight

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
ive heard of issues with some computers, you would think it would work with all of them though.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
ImageUploadedByMO Free1434397735.772134.jpg
heres where i grounded pcv and at

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Tank ground is only to prevent static shock when you are fueling up , hence not blowing yourself up while refueling . It is NOT a secure grounding point.:D

·
Registered
91 Posts
you have to have a windows machine to run the power commander software. I ran down to best buy and picked up an ASUS 10" laptop running windows for $169 and it works like a champ.

Like other have stated, tank ground not the best place, but I have mine there and all is well for now...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Ive been able to load the software onto my MAC with the "Wine" download. Its like an emulator. Ive yet to connect to the PCV with it but it seems like I've found a fix.
Ive also relocated the ground to the primary.
More work in the morning
You would think that Dynojet would get with the rest of the world and offer something compatible with OS X

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
injector plugs aren't crossed?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Steps:

1. Change ground from the tank to under side cover as shown by DTMMIL
2. Reflash the PCV with a new map

To do the second you can use wine or you can use VMWARE Fusion 30 day trial and a windows trial to run a virtualized windows....or just borrow a friends windows laptop.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ive moved the ground to the primary and I'm charging the battery as I pulled it down trying to start it yesterday. I am going to verify all my connections before trying to start again to be sure I didn't swap the injectors somehow. I don't see how I could have. But just going to do a sanity check for peace of mind.
I am running the PCV on the Wine download

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bike is running now but I'm waiting for a windows pc or a good emulator for the MAC so I can load a map

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Idling low now but I've yet to ride any with the current weather conditions.
Anybody experience a low idle after a PCV install

1 - 20 of 38 Posts