Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody tried the strap on heated grip covers?

·
13,247 Posts
do heat daemons work great and not hard to install
witchdoctor has a how to video

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
Are you talking about
Johnny? The Witchdoctor video is for the full Avon grips and not the wrap or inserts. Edit: Could be the inserts are pretty much the same wiring wise.

The Bikemaster Grip Heaters do look simpler.

I can't offer an opinion ridealittle. I guess it boils down to whether you want something temporary that come off in the warmer months and something more permanent.

This is the first time I've actually looked at these close. I think if I were going with the simpler grip wraps; I'd have it go to a power port with a switch in between the wraps and power source with quick disconnects so when the seasons change I could simply remove them or add them as needed.

For the more involved semi-permanent bar wraps or full grip set up; I'd go with the way the power to the grips would be most efficient. It looks like there are different ways to do this other than what the instructions say.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Ridealittle; how big are your hands? The wraparounds are decent, I've never used the bikemaster's, but I've used others and didn't like them. They got warm enough and all but I have small hands and it makes the grip too fat.

+1 on the heat demons...they are made by Symtec and if you use the Victory switch,which is kind of expensive but it makes for a nice installation. The added benefit over the Victory kit besides being less than half the price is that you can use any grip(as long as it slips over and does not use a set screw like the Ness, Avon's etc) you like.

Here's a quick tip for sliding a grip on. Soap and water works great but I use hairspray. The cheaper the better. Hairspray is nothing more than clear lacquer and the cheaper ones have more lacquer. Spray the inside of the grip and slide on. The hairspray also acts as a glue but they still peel off easy and a bit of alcohol cleans it right up. I buy a small can of Aqua Net hairspray at the dollar store for ....
a dollar

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my hands are large enough for the grip size, that's not a problem, I have some neoprene comfort wraps I run sometimes and they are pretty fat. I just want something to stick on during the winter, its not cold enough here to need them except for a few months, and the bmw has heated grips too, plus its a lot warmer as far as the air I get on my legs and body so I will probably ride it if its very cold anyway, I don't want to spend much either, i'm thinking I will just get an extra battery tender plug and hook them up to the tender lead when I ride in the winter, then take them off. I have some ordered so I will get them this week and find out.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have a set set of the heated wraps that I used many years ago on my '99 V92C. I have bar snakes inside my handlebars so my options were limited and these were better than nothing-the main problem I had was the throttle side would keep rotating around no matter how tight I wrapped it on-they worked but there's better options.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a set set of the heated wraps that I used many years ago on my '99 V92C. I have bar snakes inside my handlebars so my options were limited and these were better than nothing-the main problem I had was the throttle side would keep rotating around no matter how tight I wrapped it on-they worked but there's better options.
were yours bikemaster brand? ive got some coming to try, for 31.00 I figure its worth a try, and I will just use them 2-3 mos. a year anyway.

·
Registered
361 Posts
No idea what brand, I still keep them in my 99's saddlebag just in case. I couldn't see any brand logo on them-they're 15 years old and well worn but still work. I spliced on a SAE connector so I can just plug 'em in to the battery charger connection-no switch to mess with but have to remember to unplug.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts