Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DAYTONA BIKTOBERFEST & THUNDER BEACH!!!!!!

Good morning everybody. We are in the last swing for Florida rally season. Southern Motorworx will be set up at......
Volusia Motorsports from Thursday through Sunday for Biketoberfest.
We will also be set up at Indian Motorcycle of Panama City Beach For Thunder Beach Weekend from Thurs-Sun
We will be offering Dyno tuning, and performance at both locations, Filters, Tiiming, Cams, Controllers....all in stock So.....Give me a call for an apointment, and we will get you set up for either location.

Even if you are not getting anything done,. Stop in and say hello. We love to meet new folks, and shoot the breeze with old friends
Biketoberfest Event Info | Motorcycle Meetups, Daytona Beach
http://thunderbeachproductions.com/…/603-thunder-beachr-aut…

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
That's way too far to go from the left coast. You have a bunch of us waiting for you to bring your dog and pony show out here Kevin.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
It's a long way to come. A few days travel away from the shop also takes away from the business at home where the eastern population base is much higher. They wouldn't go to California for obvious reasons and because there is no major bike fest in the PNW there is no opportunity for lots of advertising.

Still, properly arranged there could be an opportunity if enough people were confirmed and paid for to get him out here for, say, a week of work. That would take a lot of coordination on the part of someone in the area. People, facilities, possible licensing, accommodation, etc. A pretty big job.

No, I just think the extreme west will have to wait until some very competent Victory tech wants to branch out on his own. Just like these guys did. The Seattle area would be a good place to centralize. I think they could get a fair amount of maintenance work from people within a days ride and upgrade work for some within two days ride.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Was just pickin on KevinX for fun! He was scheduled to come up to Red Deer, Alberta to do a Cam party but it was to happen just after the Oil Price crashed and pretty much everyone bailed except a couple of us and then the place Travis had lined up didn't want to do it or something so it died a horrible death! He is a Stand Up guy ! Now with the Cdn Dollar sucking wind - not too many people are prepared to spend that kind of dough for upgrades - let alone go to US! I had my work done last year in Sturgis by Kyle and the exchange was 1.35 - 1.36. Not nice! However, I had put away the Cash previously and that was that!

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Hell yah Kevin get out here! You looking at Phoenix?

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
If everything goes the way I hope. Arizona will be the future home of Southern Motorworx in a little less then 2 years
I have two Victory owning friends who live in Phoenix and they say they can not trust any one of the four Vic dealers there cuz they had bad dealings with each one. You would be a ray of sun there--as if they need more sun. Now the question is; Can you stand DRY HEAT? :wink

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have two Victory owning friends who live in Phoenix and they say they can not trust any one of the four Vic dealers there cuz they had bad dealings with each one. You would be a ray of sun there--as if they need more sun. Now the question is; Can you stand DRY HEAT? :wink
I'm actually looking at Prescott area. Love that area, and it's climate

·
Registered
133 Posts
He'll yea. In Orlando visiting friends & saw Kevin's post. Called him up & getting me new cams, air filter,pcv &a tune. Woo-hoo best part is it was my girls idea. That's a good day:devil:devil:devil

Reactions: grh450 and GatorJoe

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He'll yea. In Orlando visiting friends & saw Kevin's post. Called him up & getting me new cams, air filter,pcv &a tune. Woo-hoo best part is it was my girls idea. That's a good day:devil:devil:devil
Don't get any better then that!

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
I wish I could go!

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Will Stop By and Say Hello if get over that way, with my Sister coming this weekend may not make it, but it's not like you are far from me anyhow .. :)

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I stopped by, said hello, watched part of the dynotuning of a white Cross Country, and scheduled my own dynotune for Monday, Nov. 2nd. I'm looking forward to it.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
133 Posts
**** Vinish that was my bike. Wish I had known it was you would've loved to say hi.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
**** Vinish that was my bike. Wish I had known it was you would've loved to say hi.
Oops. Guess we blew that opportunity :) Sounds like from your other post that the dynotuning went well.

I always try to do as much of my own work as possible. I enjoy it, know it is done right, can learn things to help me and maybe others in the future, and saves me money that can be spent on beer, gin, and single malt Scotch :)

This past week on my XCT, I put on two new tires, Lloydz ATS (+5 degrees per KevinX), Lloydz air filter, PC-V with a temporaray map (thanks to dtmmil for the temp map), and a 1/4 turn throttle ring. Now I'm psyched to get the dynotune done.

I still got to ride on my wife's XCT so no real downside to doing things slowly in my anal fashion.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
133 Posts
That's the first time I ever had my bike worked on by somebody but I trusted Kevin cause of all of you guys out there. Was well worth it. Bike runs phenomenal

Reactions: GatorJoe
1 - 20 of 28 Posts