Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else experienced this noise before? When the bike is cold, or has been stopped for 30-45 minutes when cool outside, the bike makes a chirping noise on take off and acceleration for several minutes. Comes from the right side, can't tell if it's from the transmission or the belt. Any ideas? Doesn't seem to be slipping. This is on a 2008 kingpin.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Belt, check your belt tension if you have a tension gauge, also check your belt /tire alignment...

·
Registered
659 Posts
Agreed, probably belt tension and/or alignment.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Owned a 2008 Kingpin. Belt chirp was eliminated by additional tension in belt, a technical trick applied by Erv's Sales and Service based on their dirt bike experience. Worked like a charm!

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wet belt

I live on the California coast and sometimes when I get on my bike in the morning the belt chirps due to the moisture on it. Once it dries out (about 1/2 mile) the noise goes away. However, this doesn't sound like it's exactly your situation and I concur with the other posts regarding tension and alignment.

Cheers and happy riding!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Belt, check your belt tension if you have a tension gauge, also check your belt /tire alignment...
^^...Yup..... And ..Just for giggles - if you have a half-decent scale, check your belt tension gauge before you begin, mine was off by +2.6lbs at the 10lb mark..

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
I too have a bird chirp. It's the baffles in my slip-on exhaust :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts