Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps some of the most condensed MC commentary ever: :)

"Doc says:

What’s the deal with OEMs. This is not what I want. I want a bike with at least 150 rwhp. Torque like a v-twin down low and scream on top like a inline 4. It’s first maintenance at the 50,000 mile mark. Tires that stick to the track like glue, excellent traction in rain, and work great in the dirt. Oh, and they need to be able go 25,000 miles before changing. It has to run at least 185mph. Crawl like a mountain goat off road. Plenty of cargo capacity. Have an 8 gallon fuel tank. Get 65 mpg. Have absolutely all the electronics available so there is no connection between my brain or any other body part and the machine itself other than my hands and ass. You know, electronic throttle, abs brakes, 36 levels of traction control, slipper clutch even. Maybe auto transmission instead. God forbid I would have to use my brain and use common sense to think about these things. The suspension has to be of Ohlins MotoGP quality. Nothing less. Adjusts by thought. Long travel, 8-10 inches front and back but the seat height can be no more than 27.5 inches. Nice thick seat too. Exhaust has to be out of the way but nothing under the seat or under the bike. Good storage under that seat. The brakes are to be the best Brembo makes. And this thing cannot weigh more than 350 lbs fully fueled. With all of that, if it costs more that $6,000 forget about it! I may have forgot something but I can bitch about that later."

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Perhaps some of the most condensed MC commentary ever: :)

"Doc says:

What’s the deal with OEMs. This is not what I want. I want a bike with at least 150 rwhp. Torque like a v-twin down low and scream on top like a inline 4. It’s first maintenance at the 50,000 mile mark. Tires that stick to the track like glue, excellent traction in rain, and work great in the dirt. Oh, and they need to be able go 25,000 miles before changing. It has to run at least 185mph. Crawl like a mountain goat off road. Plenty of cargo capacity. Have an 8 gallon fuel tank. Get 65 mpg. Have absolutely all the electronics available so there is no connection between my brain or any other body part and the machine itself other than my hands and ass. You know, electronic throttle, abs brakes, 36 levels of traction control, slipper clutch even. Maybe auto transmission instead. God forbid I would have to use my brain and use common sense to think about these things. The suspension has to be of Ohlins MotoGP quality. Nothing less. Adjusts by thought. Long travel, 8-10 inches front and back but the seat height can be no more than 27.5 inches. Nice thick seat too. Exhaust has to be out of the way but nothing under the seat or under the bike. Good storage under that seat. The brakes are to be the best Brembo makes. And this thing cannot weigh more than 350 lbs fully fueled. With all of that, if it costs more that $6,000 forget about it! I may have forgot something but I can bitch about that later."
Go to any 'Old folks home' that specializes in care of old motorcycle riders, you'll hear this sort of thing when they gather to eat their tapioca.

·
Registered
12,241 Posts
Only 65 mpg??? And no heated seats and grips? No power windshield? No 1o year warranty? No 1,000 watt amp stereo system with free XM? Sheesh!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Well, okie-dokie then.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Go to any 'Old folks home' that specializes in care of old motorcycle riders, you'll hear this sort of thing when they gather to eat their tapioca.
Yaah and we start these conversations with... you call that a scooter? I remember when we could ride eighty miles on a gallon of gas and 2 quarts of earl and knock the iron cross off the dirty huns epaulets at forty mile an hour...in a typhoon...at night...in the Alps... in January.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
To Ric and PoP , is Lance referring to you guys??? It sounds to me like he is waging a war on older MC riders... This is a travesty, do not stand for this!:ltr:

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yaah and we start these conversations with... you call that a scooter? I remember when we could ride eighty miles on a gallon of gas and 2 quarts of earl and knock the iron cross off the dirty huns epaulets at forty mile an hour...in a typhoon...at night...in the Alps... in January.
Well now you can listen to Iron Butterfly while crossing off the years before we run out of earl and fish. Not a pleasant thought:

http://beforeitsnews.com/japan-earthquake/2013/02/radiation-of-the-pacific-ocean-in-the-next-10-years-japan-nuclear-disaster-video-2441044.html

·
Registered
12,241 Posts
To Ric and PoP , is Lance referring to you guys??? It sounds to me like he is waging a war on older MC riders... This is a travesty, do not stand for this!:ltr:
Old age and cunning always trumps youth and....oh crap, I forgot the rest.:confused:

·
Registered
12,241 Posts
I just had a big birthday, if I can find ANYONE older I need to pretend I'm a feisty youngn'.
Anything under 3/4 century is a young 'un to me. :ltr:

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Old age and cunning always trumps youth and....oh crap, I forgot the rest.:confused:
I hope you were joking about old age because this is funny :ltr:

·
Registered
12,241 Posts
Putting in 7.7 decades on this planet has shown me a lot of thing about a lot of things. One is; when we're young, we lie about our age, but when we are older, we brag about it. I'm happy as hell to be on top of the lawn, having beat Mr.Cancer twice at his game and still riding with gusto, chutzpah and con brio. My three riding buddies.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Putting in 7.7 decades on this planet has shown me a lot of thing about a lot of things. One is; when we're young, we lie about our age, but when we are older, we brag about it. I'm happy as hell to be on top of the lawn, having beat Mr.Cancer twice at his game and still riding with gusto, chutzpah and con brio. My three riding buddies.
thumb up thumb up thumb up

·
Registered
81 Posts
I won't consider myself old until there's no one left that's older than me!! thumb up

·
Registered
12,241 Posts
I won't consider myself old until there's no one left that's older than me!! thumb up
I'm planning on staying around here for a long time, so don't hold your breath.:ltr:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts