Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this weekend was the first time this year I have had the time and desire to change the oil on the bike. Since I had the tank off to do the LLoydz air filter maintenance I went ahead and did the air shock valve relocation I have been wanting to do. Photo attached. On the way home from work on Friday I stopped at the local Amsoil DC and got 5qt of the GASP!, hold your breath! OMG my bike is gonna blow up! Amsoil 15w-60!!!! Relax, even Victory recommended 60w synthetic oil starting in late '16. After installing this vile fluid of death I went for a ride and I am happy to report that the motorcycle didn't blow up! I can report that the valve train noise was far less noticeable and clutch performance was superior. I plan on sending a sample of the old Mobil 1 to blackstone to see what it sheared to.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
Funny how $12.50, four qt jug of Rotella and $$$$$$ oil and both won't blow up the motor.

What makes you sleep well at night it all that matters, keeping my hard earned $$$ out of millionaires hands makes for a good nights sleep for me.

Let us know how the Mobil 1 report looks, my Rotella report(s) were nearly the same as the Mobil 1.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny how $12.50, four qt jug of Rotella and $$$$$$ oil and both won't blow up the motor.

What make you sleep well at night it all that matters, keeping my hard earned $$$ out of millionaires hands makes for a good nights sleep for me.

Let us know how the Mobil 1 report looks, my Rotella report(s) were nearly the same as the Mobil 1.
With Rotella T after about 2500 miles my clutch was acting a little weird so I tried castrol power 1 10w-40 which was good for 4k. I didn't try the blend like you are using and its not that I don't trust Rotella products because I do...they are in my truck and every other piece of lawn equipment. Last year I put the Mobil-1 20w-50 in and she was good until just recently when the clutch was slipping a bit so I though I would give the ole Amsoil a go, the extra money isn't a big deal/ to me right now. Time will tell about the performance of the 15w-60 , I have 2 long trips coming up next month.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts