Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to my nearest dealer this morning (to get my nuts torqued:crzy:... re the throttle-cable recall), and one of the bikes on display was a 2013 XC with a factory blackout treatment. If you folks are already aware of this, sorry for the interruption.

Anyway, the blacked out stuff included the cam covers, the exhaust pipes and covers, the foot controls, the forks holders, the (still dopey plastic) fork guards, the saddlebag hinges and locks, the mirror stalks and backs, headlight bezel, dash rings, crash bars, turn-signal stalks, cheese wedge...

Attached are some pics I took with my phone. Incidentally, the tail rack/pad/bag are extras the dealer was just displaying, not part of the deal (unless you paid some more money). Oh, and the dealer confirmed that the low-beam HID is now gone.

Me, I liked it a lot, but that may be because I already ODed on chrome add-ons on a Valkyrie Interstate I had from 2000 - 2007, and so I now prefer black-out treatment. But to each his own. BTW, I have no idea whether you can get this from the factory for an XCT instead of an XC, but my guess is not.

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Thats the bike I got. I get alot of great comments about. And no the XCT in red does not come blacked out.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I'm liking the blacked out look more and more. In fact, way too much!!!

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats the bike I got. I get alot of great comments about. And no the XCT in red does not come blacked out.
Hatchet, sorry if I missed any prior pics of your bike. Very nice, and congrats - good choice. (Me, I needed the full XCT treatment anyway, for multi-day trips with my wife, so I couldn't have done it, even if I waited for the '13 models. Just last week she fired up the rear heated seat.)

·
Registered
136 Posts
I bought the tour pak for Mama but no heated seats or grips but it really gets that cold here anyway. My buddy loves it also but it hesitant about getting the same color and we are riding together. I say go for it to him. I'm going to get a lil pinstriping anyway so they won't look exactly alike anyway. I love the blacked out look and was getting tired of the HD chrome pitting out.

·
Registered
273 Posts
The flat orange blacked out model is pretty nice also. Strokers in Dallas had both the red and the orange on the floor last time I was down that way. Would be a hard decision between the two.

·
Registered
41 Posts
strange the gloss black model comes with chrome :mad: if not think i would seriously consider one instead of my hard-ball..

·
Registered
136 Posts
Maybe later in the year they will add more colors to the blacked out ones. Probably seeing if anyone is interested. At my dealer, they can't keep the blacked out ones on the floor more a week or two before they are gone.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
I'm liking the blacked out look more and more. In fact, way too much!!!
Does this mean you'll be updating your signature line?

·
Registered
634 Posts
We'll wait to see what Victory unveils at the Javitts Center in NYC...but, the blacked out look has my interest. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
41 Posts
They should also consider changing the backing light from blue to red on that red one..would look awesome ...thumb up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts