Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting close to buying an 8 Ball. Torn between two directions.
1. Like the Ness Iron Cross wheels that are silver and black. If I do them I think a Chrome exhaust plays off the wheels better.
2. Black RC custom wheels maybe the Nitro. In which case I would do a black exhaust.

So Two tone or all black.

Thoughts based on what you have seen?

Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
over the course of my bike's life - it will become ALL black. I am not a brushed aluminum or chrome fan. At least anywhere that I can reasonably get the parts black.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
When it is chrome you have to polish it!:(

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm with Diamond on this one. Just enough machined/billet or chrome items to compliment the black bike. I prefer machined/billet over the chrome, and will probably have my speedo housing black powder coated this next winter, along with my floorboard pans.

My first two bikes I chromed out big time. I spent many hours cleaning and polishing all that chrome.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Like its been said...black is new chrome...gives a bike that edge!
Go all black but just enough machined to accent! thumb up

·
13,047 Posts
Two tone
All black gets boring and if you have chrome one ascents the other for real beauty

·
Registered
80 Posts
I agree with the masses - a little machined aluminum isn't bad to break things up - but is you are thinking chrome - I hate chrome - I would rather have ALL black then any chrome.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I think a little contrast is good.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am not sure that I know what I am describing as far as Chrome or Billet but the idea is some (going technical here) Silvery like colored materials versus black. Yes if exhaust and wheels etc could be made of non chrome thats exactly what I am talking about. Pretty sure the Ness Wheels that have the Maltes Cross pattern I like are not chrome, I hope not.
But thats what I am trying match. That wheel package with either a matching metallic exhaust or go blcak exhaust.
I am still 50/50 between an 8 ball and HD Blackline. Every day I wake up with a differnt decision. Lat night I got a buyer for my HD Deluxe though so now the pressure is on.
Really hoping 2012 announce ABS or ar at least a gas gage. The latter would seal the deal for me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was on the fence as well when I bought my 8 ball. I have since bought black pipes, bars, grips, mirrors, headlight, and even powdercoated my clutch/brake levers black and painted the chrome cheese wedges black. Guess I'm not a fan of chrome. It really is personal preference but, like you, I always sought other opinions before doing anything.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Really hoping 2012 announce ABS or ar at least a gas gage. The latter would seal the deal for me.

Doritz, not sure about the ABS, but you can have your dealer reflash the speedo on an 8 ball to unlock a gas guage, ambient temperature and extra trip meters for $50. You just have to ask for it. My dealer wasn't familiar with the process before I asked about it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts