Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I scratched the black covering on my pipes with my heel while putting down the kickstand. Would the Black and Silver Engine Enhancer that Victory has help that? Any other recommendations are appreciated? Thanks much!

http://www.purevictorypolishes.com/category/11364896

·
Registered
70 Posts
Use a heat paint for BBQs. Lightly sand smooth and repaint. I'd try a couple on some metal to get the right sheen, whether flat or satin. Victory may even have some touchup paint. I just touched up my mufflers around the clamp locations, just a touch of surface rust. I used Flat black Rust Reformer from Rustoleum and the sheen matched the inner muffler, I have chrome trim on the outside.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fulltilt1, thanks for the reply. I'll probably go the easier route and first check to see if Victory has the black pain already made. I'm also going to get some of the Havasu Red color as well.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
My girls 4" stiletto boots did a number on my pipe ... I'm going pull the pipes sand them smooth and barbque black them , then wrap them in DEI Titanium ... As soon as my finger heals up some more ....:(

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Guys skip that BBQ paint.
Go to auto store and buy VHT header paint. Its made for higher temps and last longer and will not fade
http://www.vhtpaint.com/products/flameproof/
Hey VJ , I read a lot of reviews on the VHT and they weren't good . The BBQ black seemed to be much better overall based on reviews by guys actually using it .... Although , I may be wrong .:crzy:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
VJ, did the VHT paint match the flat black of the pipes exactly or did you have to play with the color sheen like Fulltilt1 did with the BBQ black?

·
13,002 Posts
Try it on back side of pipe and see what you think. Keep in mind your paint has been backed from the heat and new paint would be a different shade.
At bottom of VHT tells you how to cure the paint.
VHT header paint has been around a long time. Street roders have been using it a lot

·
Registered
70 Posts
Minor correction I didn't say I used the BBQ paint on my pipes. I would If I needed to paint them. I used Rustoleum Rust Reformer in Flat black to treat some minor surface rust at the clamp positions while I had my pipes off to remove cats. Rust Reformer converts reddish Iron Oxide to black Iron Tannate in doing so kills surface rust.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ended up getting the VHT Header Paint in Flat Black. Here's what I did after a few beers to boost the confidence factor. I tested the paint color on a paper towel and holding it up to the pipe it was right on. This is where the beer helped. I took what was on the paper towel and rubbed it over the scratch and viola the scratch was gone. I mean completely gone. This morning after the paint dried the scratch was still covered and couldn't tell where the VHT paint was applied. I'm sure any professional painter would critique my technique but it worked very well for me. On the paint can it did detail a way to heat cure the paint onto the metal which I'm following. Thanks for all who gave me advice. JJKJR

1 - 10 of 10 Posts