Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am slowly blacking out every part of my 8-ball. Since its an '07 most of it was blacked out. I already have the mirrors, bars and headlight (like the kingpin)

I just got the left side cheese wedge with the ignition hole. But my Vic shop says I cannot use that same cheese wedge (with the ignition hole plugged) because there is no way to attach it.

Does anyone know of a cheese wedge I could put on the right side?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also am trying to do the same thing but have not found the cheese
wedge for the ignition side le alone the right side......where did you find it?

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Hello all,

I am slowly blacking out every part of my 8-ball. Since its an '07 most of it was blacked out. I already have the mirrors, bars and headlight (like the kingpin)

I just got the left side cheese wedge with the ignition hole. But my Vic shop says I cannot use that same cheese wedge (with the ignition hole plugged) because there is no way to attach it.

What yer and model bike do you have?

·
Registered
257 Posts
i have two extra wedges collecting dust, FYI they are all the same you just need to find the 100ci emblems to put on them and then find a way to attatch them, i will paint them for you even for a little extra $

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have an 07 Vegas 8ball. My victory dealer special ordered the black cheese wedge for the ignition side.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Blackout Wedges

I notice this thread has a few months on it, but I just blacked mine out over the weekend.
Both wedges had the keyhole punch-out. The left side needs a little "something" in the wedge area. Both sides are the same color/gloss but the lighting makes them look different. Went with satin black to try and match up the engine block and head covers rather than the gloss of the paint.

$10 and 3 hrs time got me to the finished product:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After I put the cheese wedge on I hated it. I wanted something glossy to match the paint. I am returning it to the shop.

I notice this thread has a few months on it, but I just blacked mine out over the weekend.
Both wedges had the keyhole punch-out. The left side needs a little "something" in the wedge area. Both sides are the same color/gloss but the lighting makes them look different. Went with satin black to try and match up the engine block and head covers rather than the gloss of the paint.

$10 and 3 hrs time got me to the finished product:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Just did mine tonight.. I figured what the hell if i mess them up i'll go aftermarket. I took it a step further and drilled out the dimples. I think they look good.

·
Registered
160 Posts
just did mine tonight.. I figured what the hell if i mess them up i'll go aftermarket. I took it a step further and drilled out the dimples. I think they look good.
looks real good man i like how you drilled the dimples out got any pics of them on the bike"???? Id like to see !!!!

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Hello all,

I think if you pull the wedges you will find that the base plates are identical but the right side has a solid insert where as the left has a hole for the key. You can purchase cheese wedge inserts at a variety of dealers like Noemtz and WitchDoctors. They just use peal and stick tape to hold them on. :cool:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Can't justify $30 for a metal emblem, Id rather spend $250 and get

I'll up some pics when its light out.. only have a metal shelter.. no garage :/

1 - 20 of 74 Posts