Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Off work today.. check

weather: sunny & 60 deg. about 10 degrees warmer than forecasted.. check...

Roads crusted so thick with snow melting chemicals they look like a layer of barnacles.... blahhhhhhh.... :soapbox:

·
13,235 Posts
come on out side -14 with wind chill of 35 below good day to ice fish

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
70°F outside, birds chirping happily; me, chained to my desk at work without the possibility of parole.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have times when I can appreciate the northern winters I grew up in. At least you know what you're getting :D

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
This is the longest I have ever gone without riding a motorcycle in the last 5 years, 3 weeks so far. I am starting to go through withdraws!

·
Registered
107 Posts
My last ride was just before Thanksgiving and it was 27F. It warmed all the way up to -10F here today! Only a couple more months before I can get the bike out if I'm lucky.....

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
My last ride was to the store to get the tank topped up................in October.

m
Usually, I'm never off the bike for more than a couple of weeks during winter. I think it gonna be about a month now and tommorow I heard it could be -18°F.

When do we get to send the Polar Vortex back to Siberia?

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Checklist:
Off work today? Retired
Roads clear today? They sure are
Temperature OK? its not below zero so good to go.
Bike start? No way without heated storage. The starter can just barely crank the engine at 5F with that thick 20W40 in it. No way it cranks well enough to fire.

Conclusion? Maybe tomorrow if the battery recovers and the crankcase warms a bit.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So after a high of 62 today- High of 21 & another snow event for our area tomorrow. Looks like the main threat is towards the coast, but it's gonna be close enough to RVA for our VDOT guys to slather another layer of s&% all over the place lol...

I've managed to get in about 1 ride/ month or so all winter.. better than nothing. I'm SURE we are on the downhill slope towards Spring... right? RIGHT?

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Thirty-one below in the forecast for tonight, only -25 this morning! Schools closed again tomorrow due to the dangerous wind chills. This is getting old.

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
23 degrees Celcius here in the Nazi Sunshine State,
was 27 deg C today fine and sunny,
looking at a high of 28 tomoz and a low of 21deg C
Bikes running sweet as a nut!:)

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
10 of the 14 coldest days since the year 2000 have been in this month of January 2014 for this area ... Outstanding . Global warming ? I call BullShit on that !cheers

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
10 of the 14 coldest days since the year 2000 have been in this month of January 2014 for this area ... Outstanding . Global warming ? I call BullShit on that !cheers
its Winter there Summer here,
Hot gets Hotter,
Cold gets Colder,
Extremes of weather get more extreme.
Wild Storms, Heatwaves, Floods, Earthquakes, Tsunamis.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Took a short 60 mile ride Sunday. It was 55 degrees and breezy. Today it is 17.

Glad I live where I can get a short ride in a few times during the winter.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
This winter has been brutal! Coldest and snowiest I can remember. Right now it is - 18°C mid day and not including wind chill! The snow piling up at the sides of my laneway are at least 4-5 ft high. I'm sick of winter!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 28 Posts