Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Gunner.

The lamp is a PM150 clear which is a variation of the red and amber trailer marker lamps that can be found at auto shops and tractor supply company. I can't find it in clear. What gives? I figured it was a 192 bulb or something but no.

I got stuck in a huge thunderstorm and ended up going through so massive puddles. It sucked. The bulb had sand and stuff all over it from the rear tire kicking it up.

I don't know if the gunner shares the license plate assembly with other models. Any idea where I can get this bulb? Incredibly tough to find on google. None on eBay or Amazon.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,296 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
I have a 2015 Gunner.

The lamp is a PM150 clear which is a variation of the red and amber trailer marker lamps that can be found at auto shops and tractor supply company. I can't find it in clear. What gives? I figured it was a 192 bulb or something but no.

I got stuck in a huge thunderstorm and ended up going through so massive puddles. It sucked. The bulb had sand and stuff all over it from the rear tire kicking it up.

I don't know if the gunner shares the license plate assembly with other models. Any idea where I can get this bulb? Incredibly tough to find on google. None on eBay or Amazon.

Will be same as my Vegas.
When it **** itself I just went to an auto parts store over the rosd and got a Narva LED licence plate light it was an almost perfect fit in the old hole.... Shaved it down with rough sandpaper till it fitted and connected and soldered the wires.

Then did a post mortem on the old one. Its a sealed unit so had to cut it open....found a standard globe inside! !!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I just don't understand why they'd go with a trailer lamp. It's an obscure bulb. Everything else can be had on a Sunday at the local auto parts store. This thing is almost non existent online.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
I guess I just don't understand why they'd go with a trailer lamp. It's an obscure bulb. Everything else can be had on a Sunday at the local auto parts store. This thing is almost non existent online.
read my post above ^^^^^^ it is available at your local auto parts store , just take your old one in and youll fing a new Narva LED thats close to fitting...then shave it down with 80 grit sandpaper and a block till it fits....and wire it up.

·
13,177 Posts
Hogeyphenogey

your photo you posted is there a bulb in it or is it just the housing

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually, I contacted the bulb maker and they recommended:
foxtaillights.com

I bought two with shipping for $14.00

The dealer wants $20 a piece

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a flat LED bulb that is s spare from a conversion set for my truck that I may modify this old blown bulb housing to accept. I have some old license plate lamps from my Tacoma that have the sockets so I'm wondering if I can put the socket into the back of the Gunner plate bulb so I can simply pop it on and off like normal but use regular bulbs from a parts store.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have a flat LED bulb that is s spare from a conversion set for my truck that I may modify this old blown bulb housing to accept. I have some old license plate lamps from my Tacoma that have the sockets so I'm wondering if I can put the socket into the back of the Gunner plate bulb so I can simply pop it on and off like normal but use regular bulbs from a parts store.
Pain in the ass being a new bike but I'd probably do the same or just get a cheap led strip and stick it in there

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hogeyphenogey

your photo you posted is there a bulb in it or is it just the housing
It's a bulb fused to a backing that is melted into a clear housing with bullets on the back for power. Look up PM150 clear bulb on Google and you'll see.

PITA

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sometimes I love my Dremel.
I took the old bulb and cut out the guts leaving a small ring of white plastic around the inside of the clear lens for a base. I cut a piece of plastic and sanded down to fit. I used my Dremel to drill a hole in the center and I had an old Tacoma turn signal in the basement. I removed the bulb socket and mounted it into my new license plate lamp assembly and I used an extra LED bulb from my truck inside of it. Once it was all mounted up I used silicone to glue the pieces together and to make it waterproof.

Now I need a connector to go into the socket that I can attach to the bike's wiring and see if she works!

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I went to the local auto parts store and I found a 194 bulb socket with wires for a Ford or GMC for $3.50

Got it home, shaved down the back end of the socket where the wires come from because above the license plate lamp housing is the tail lamp so the hard plastic part of the socket cannot be too tall. I snipped and stripped the wires, installed female bullet ends, and voila! I now have an OEM looking license plate bulb that can be changed if it ever blows in the future! Cost was about $6 for parts and a piece of plastic I had to cut down. Works great and I'll never have to send away for a bulb and wait a week before I ride. I've got 194 bulbs in LED and regular styles all over the place.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just ordered two from Foxtail Lights. They were $3.33 apiece which is great, but the shipping was over $10. All I cal say is LOL and Oh well. I needed the part!

·
Premium Member
1,832 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Just find a similar sized cheap LED and make it fit.
I used a Narva and sanded the edges till it fit.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This appears to be the same bulb from different manufacturer for an even cheaper price and cheaper shipping on Amazon. What do you guys think??

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=PM+M150C+Clear%2FPainted+License+Plate%2FUtility+Light
I never found the Narva bulb at any of the parts stores locally to me- that's why I modified mine to now take the 192 bulb found everywhere...

This link does look like the correct part!

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
I never found the Narva bulb at any of the parts stores locally to me- that's why I modified mine to now take the 192 bulb found everywhere...

This link does look like the correct part!
Yeah looks good to me and cheaper, think I paid $6.50

·
Premium Member
1,832 Posts
Maybe I should buy them....lol It would be my luck that I never blow that bulb and they would just sit around!

Sorry it took me so long to reply....I've been out riding!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts