Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I am fortunate to live not far from the NC section of the BRP and ride it quite often. I rode the whole thing a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it.

·
Registered
848 Posts
There last weekend, MP 129-140 is closed due to the storm last week.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Having grown up here in Asheville, I have a bad habit of taking all this fun riding and great scenery for granted. So since the exit for the parkway is right down the road, literally, I try to get up there whenever I can. cheers

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I was just there! 7th thru 10th of June. Awesome riding and views.

I spy, with my little eye, a Cavalcade LXE (blue bike, 2nd from right) thumb up

·
Registered
418 Posts
I would really like to ride start to finish on it, I've ridden many parts and any time I get down that South I jump on a ride a bit. But both times we've planned big sections of it we were bumper to bumper with lots of other traffic or kept getting buzzed by people flying, cars and cycles. Great place to do some scenic riding though. Some of the best times I've been on it were in overcast "bad" weather, less traffic and more riding.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I would plan on a couple of days this time of year. Speed limit is 45mph and lots of traffic. This thread got me wanting to head that way so Saturday I am getting on it in Boone and ride it to I-77 and superslab back home.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Just got back from a weekend + on the BRP, traffic???? nope, hit 129 and the Skyway as well. Great ride averaged 50+ on the BRP.

I can see traffic around the 4th or another holiday weekend. bu tnot last weekend. it was great mostly bikes.

·
Premium Member
4,894 Posts
I spy, with my little eye, a Cavalcade LXE (blue bike, 2nd from right) thumb up
There was a Cavalcade, two VL-1500s, a BMW K/LT, a Goldwing, a Victory, and 20 or so Harleys.

I let my friend who rides a Road Glide take the Kingpin for a ride. He said it was more fun than a van-load of college girls.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts